Final decision from LSU on Thursday morning

Evan

FWIW, I was watching the weather channel this morning and about an hour ago, the Baton Rouge "on site" WC reporter said that the LSU game is still on. At the time of the report it was not raining on him, and there didn't seem to be any sort of damage to the area where he was standing. He did say Sunday instead of Saturday, but that may have been a misspeak on his part.

During Katrina wasn't the game just postponed until a bye week?

I would assume the same would happen here. I think the game will be played. LSU needs the win and UNT needs the money. Win/Win for everyone, so I would think this came will be played.....just at a later date at LSU.

All I know is.... "I am ready for some football!!!!"

I would assume the same would happen here. I think the game will be played. LSU needs the win and UNT needs the money. Win/Win for everyone, so I would think this came will be played.....just at a later date at LSU.

Can't happen as there are no common open daes this year.

For the 2nd time, there are no bi weeks that correspond, so that ain't happening.

Game on for Saturday is my bet. They didn't cancel in 2008 when FEMA confiscated hotel rooms, and they won't cancel this year. 3 inch headlines.

• Upvote 1

The LSU forum cites BCS implications and the importance of a 12-0 record over 11-0 for keeping the game. Just makes an upset that much sweeter for us.

Good to hear the game means something to LSU other than an easy win. :rolleyes1:

LSU Vice Chancellor Herb Vincent says he does not foresee any obstacles to playing as scheduled. However, he stresses consultation with authorities and facilities personnel will continue Thursday before the final decision.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8318381/lsu-tigers-plan-play-opener-baton-rouge-north-texas-mean-green

• Upvote 2