Final decision from LSU on Thursday morning

Evan

If LSU can't play at home what are our options? I doubt LSU will come to Denton. There are no major facilities available in North Texas. Some facilities may be available in Houston, but will not prepared for game day. There are no corresponding bye dates for either team. Do they pay us out and we both go with one less game? Do we reschedule for a game on a weekday at LSU or a nearby venue to satisfy their homegame? Or, do they forfeit the game (never gonna happen) to us?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If LSU can't play at home what are our options? I doubt LSU will come to Denton. There are no major facilities available in North Texas. Some facilities may be available in Houston, but will not prepared for game day. There are no corresponding bye dates for either team. Do they pay us out and we both go with one less game? Do we reschedule for a game on a weekday at LSU or a nearby venue to satisfy their homegame? Or, do they forfeit the game (never gonna happen) to us?

I think we play it one way or another on Sat-Mon in BR, in Houston, or in Denton; in that order. I suspect they don't want to be caught without that extra "win" when it comes down to national championship time, so I doubt that the game will be cancelled. Doesn't look like any reasonable way to make it up later, since the SEC Championship game is scheduled for December 1st.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Emmitt, just cancel it at this point. The whole weekend is already ruined anyways. My friends and I who were planning on going then going on to New Orleans aren't going to be able to do that now obviously. Even if it is clear and better people who left will be starting to come back and I just see the whole state as one big traffic jam mess.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Uh, why?

Gee, where to start?

-Starting a season, at home, with the momentum of a win hasn't happened in a long time.

-Beginning each season with your teeth kicked in gets old real quick.

-TSU is unattractive enough. Coming into that game with all of our "warts" still unknown (secondary, pass rush, do we have go-to back?) will do lots to sell people on at least giving us a peek. LSU will tell us NOTHING about our question marks, because it will all look like weaknesses.

-We are deluded if we think bad weather will "equalize" this game. What it will do is galvanized their team, their fans and their region because they (no pun) weathered the storm.

I could go on...travel plans that have been thrown into disarray, hotels that are by now overbooked, etc.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4

Gee, where to start?

-Starting a season, at home, with the momentum of a win hasn't happened in a long time.

-TSU is unattractive enough. Coming into that game with all of our "warts" still unknown (secondary, pass rush, do we have go-to back?) will do lots to sell people on at least giving us a peek. LSU will tell us NOTHING about our question marks, because it will all look like weaknesses.

-We are deluded if we think bad weather will "equalize" this game. What it will do is galvanized their team, their fans and their region because they (no pun) weathered the storm.

I could go on...travel plans that have been thrown into disarray, hotels that are by now overbooked, etc.

All good points, but I still want to see some football. Call me Chelfish.

• Upvote 2

Shrevsport ?

• Upvote 1

Gee, where to start?

I agree on most your points, but at this point I doubt the AD wants to lose the paycheck. And playing TSU wont give us a better picture of how good we are because we should dominate every aspect of the game. Plus, I'm going to the game if it kicks off as scheduled and I don't want to lose the experience of seeing a game in Death Valley.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Emmitt, just cancel it at this point. The whole weekend is already ruined anyways. My friends and I who were planning on going then going on to New Orleans aren't going to be able to do that now obviously. Even if it is clear and better people who left will be starting to come back and I just see the whole state as one big traffic jam mess.

I disagree!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My wife and I are goining to take a pass on driving to Baton Rouge Friday because we have no idea what damage we would run into. Still a lot of flooding in the area, especially a little east east of Tigerland. I would just as soon see game cancelled at this point and try to add another home game 12/1.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's so much the condition of the stadium/weather as it is resources/logistics. There is always a Huge police presence around their stadium and traffic is very heavy. The police/highway patrol are busy with other things and probably will be for a few days. If they have it, I bet they discourage tailgating before and after the game like they did a few years ago in a similar situation.