Opening of bridge to Apogee Stadium delayed

Harry

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

The opening of the pedestrian bridge connecting UNT’s main campus to Apogee Stadium has been delayed until at least October.

The bridge, originally scheduled to open Sept. 8, will likely still be under construction during UNT football’s two home games in September, said Helen Bailey, director of facilities management and construction.

“We do not have a definitive opening date at this time,” Bailey said.

The $2.5 million project, which straddles the highway between North Texas Boulevard and Bonnie Brae Street, began Feb. 29.

The university paid $1 million of the bill and donated the adjacent land to the state – the Texas Department of Transportation covered the rest through toll revenue from throughout the region.

TxDOT is responsible for the construction of the bridge itself. UNT is responsible for installing lighting and sidewalks, which must be completed before the bridge can officially open to the public.

TxDOT shut down Interstate 35E overnight to install the main structure in July but still has to build railings and complete additional welding, Bailey said.

“Once TxDOT finishes the bridge, we have to build sidewalks to connect it,” she said. “We plan to start immediately after the bridge is completed, which will hopefully be in the latter half of September.”

Read more: http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=67581

If we beat LSU me and about 10 other student have agreed to streak through campus set fry on fire and tear down the bridge so therefore it doesn't matter cause when I get back from Baton Rouge on Sunday this will be a pointless thread 👍 jk but that would be amazing.. I will at least streak

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was in Denton one afternoon last week so went by to see how the bridge was coming along. The structure across the highway seems to have little activity since the pictures posted earlier. Instead, most of the work has apparently been on the ramps, including electrical lighting. If you ask how many are working on it, I would say about half of the workers.

• Upvote 1

If we beat LSU me and about 10 other student have agreed to streak through campus set fry on fire and tear down the bridge so therefore it doesn't matter cause when I get back from Baton Rouge on Sunday this will be a pointless thread �� jk but that would be amazing.. I will at least streak

Aw, you talk big but I bet this peters out. :shifty:

If we beat LSU me and about 10 other student have agreed to streak through campus set fry on fire and tear down the bridge so therefore it doesn't matter cause when I get back from Baton Rouge on Sunday this will be a pointless thread �� jk but that would be amazing.. I will at least streak

Set any part of Fry on fire and I'll knife fight you in your face. We've seen what they do with real estate opened up by arson...

I give him permission to burn Public House, The Garage, and Cool Beans to the ground. Everything else stays.

Burn down the douche bag's bar and he'll just invade the others...

I love Beans... but I guess I'm an old F. Relaxed place to drink a beer on the weeknights and the Best chicken sandwich in town. Get the Billy Bird.

Edited by Green P1

Burn down the douche bag's bar and he'll just invade the others...

I love Beans... but I guess I'm an old F. Relaxed place to drink a beer on the weeknights and the Best chicken sandwich in town. Get the Billy Bird.

I'm an older F and I'm with you on Cool Beans.

Touch it and I will hunt you down and Osama to a$$