Austin area Mean Green Fans

meanJewGreen

Relo'ed to Austin 4 months ago- seen some green around, so where does everyone watch the UNT games outside of their homes? Haven/t received much response from the people who run the alumni club down here.

• Upvote 1

I wondered where you disappeared to. Good to hear from you again and congrats -- Austin is a nice place to live if you can get a good job. How's Austin treating you? We have a group of fans and alumni association folks from that area who might be better to update you than my DFW self.

There's a joint on East 7th opening this fall - The Silo on 7th. NT alum owned/operated and your headquarters for anything Mean Green, Texas Rangers and Dallas Mavericks. (go ahead and throw the Cowboys in there too.) 1300 E. 7th Street.

Pretty sure there will be a discount program for those with allegiance to the Mean Green. Ask for Dave.

• Upvote 1

Relo'ed to Austin 4 months ago- seen some green around, so where does everyone watch the UNT games outside of their homes? Haven/t received much response from the people who run the alumni club down here.

I expect you to whip those Austin alums into shape and start something special. It was your instigation to start something up in Collin County that got the ball rolling up here.

thanks for the suggestions/encouragement, and Austin is treating me well Harry. The Silo looks like its going to be nice- I work a side job at a bar on 5th. Funny though, that guy in the Silo picture looks like one of the bartenders from Lucky Lou's.

Anyways, if anyone knows of Austin alums, feel free to send them my way. I know there's a lot of recent NT grads that made the trek down here in our efforts to green out game days....

• Upvote 1

Crap! Just remembered I won't exactly be able to watch the game this weekend, stupid getting married! Does anyone know if the Silo is actually open yet? Would like to go there for any future games that might be televised, it doesn't exatly say if they are open or not on their facebook page.

Silo should be open in 2-3 weeks. A few minor issues with the City of Austin. I can almost guarantee it will be open by the LaLa game on ESPN2.

Congratulations on the nuptials. Another good man down.

Edited by adman

Austin people-

You should have received an email from the alumni association with the info on Champions for Saturday.

Maybe the email hasn't gone out to everyone yet. I have not received it. I heard it will reference the Austin, Lewisville, and Allen parties. Glad to see you pulling things together in the Capitol. If I'm ever in Austin during one of your events, I'll have to come check out your scene. Go Mean Green!

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I didnt get it- but my buddy forwarded it to me. Only references Austin.

Maybe the email hasn't gone out to everyone yet. I have not received it. I heard it will reference the Austin, Lewisville, and Allen parties. Glad to see you pulling things together in the Capitol. If I'm ever in Austin during one of your events, I'll have to come check out your scene. Go Mean Green!

People in Austin- Just letting you know we have reserved an area in Champions called "the cave" in the back i think. The lady said there will be shot specials as well.

Hope to see you at champions on saturday

Austin alum here. Work downtown, live in Buda. I've been down here since '08. I watched the Todd Dodge-Bama bloodletting at Champions surrounded by a few Bama fans.