No skybridge for TSU

emmitt01

Any other major university would have TDot crews working round the clock to get this done.

Didn't we supposedly hire someone for their Austin connections?

Parking and the walk to the tailgating area was a huge issue for guest of my tailgate last year. It will decrease attendance from my group (the ones who aren't alums and come mainly for the tailgating).

So frustrating.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

It is not TXDOT. It is because of sidewalks and compliance with the ADA, so it is UNT for you.

Where did you get this information? It's not the full story I have heard...but you may have a much better source much closer to the situation. Hopefully, it's not from "you know where". So, from your source this is 100% the "fault" of UNT? There is no construction hold up anywhere out of UNT's control or any TX DOT involvement in the "sidewalks and compliance with ADA"? I'm just asking as I have been told otherwise.

The fact that the bridge will not be open for the first game has an impact in several areas...none of which anyone associated with UNT, the Athletic dept. or anywhere else is going to be happy with...but, as tough as this is, life will go on and games will be played and the bridge will finally be opened to great fanfare...I hope!

• Upvote 3

Any other major university would have TDot crews working round the clock to get this done.

Didn't we supposedly hire someone for their Austin connections?

Parking and the walk to the tailgating area was a huge issue for guest of my tailgate last year. It will decrease attendance from my group (the ones who aren't alums and come mainly for the tailgating).

So frustrating.

"Major" universities control TX DOT in Texas? "Houston...we have a problem!"...or in this case Austin......

Agree with you in that it could definitely hurt attendance...but, I'm guessing that you have sway over your tailgate group and will "help" them decide to brave the challenges and still come to the game with you.

• Upvote 1

If DT 90's 70 year old grandmother with a hip replacement can walk from Fouts parking lot for EVERY home game last season, there is absolutely no excuse for others not to make the same walk.

No excuses. Get your rears to the games.

Indeed...but, let it never be said that given the chance...Mean Green fans won't try to make a mountain out of a molehill when they get the chance. Anyone who really wants to make the games will...the bridge wasn't there last year as we all might recall. Will it be great to have? ABSOLUTELY...would we have liked to have had tit open in time for the first game...ABSOLUTLY. No question, but looks like that's not going to happen. It's a shame and we can all wish that it was not the case....but, not much any of us can do about it. And, in spite of no bridge access, the game will be played and the Mean Green will win! And, my bride and I will have a great time...well, not my bride as she will be in Lisbon...Oh, no...it's the university's fault...the game will not be shown live on TV in Lisbon, Portugal....we must fire everyone in the athletic dept. over this...man, they must all be on vacation or something...how did this happen????? Just kidding......

Where did you get this information? It's not the full story I have heard...but you may have a much better source much closer to the situation. Hopefully, it's not from "you know where". So, from your source this is 100% the "fault" of UNT? There is no construction hold up anywhere out of UNT's control or any TX DOT involvement in the "sidewalks and compliance with ADA"? I'm just asking as I have been told otherwise.

The fact that the bridge will not be open for the first game has an impact in several areas...none of which anyone associated with UNT, the Athletic dept. or anywhere else is going to be happy with...but, as tough as this is, life will go on and games will be played and the bridge will finally be opened to great fanfare...I hope!

As they say, "it it what it is." There was no brigde last year and we still have a football program. It's only getting better, everyday!

• Upvote 1

Indeed...but, let it never be said that given the chance...Mean Green fans won't try to make a mountain out of a molehill when they get the chance. Anyone who really wants to make the games will...the bridge wasn't there last year as we all might recall. Will it be great to have? ABSOLUTELY...would we have liked to have had tit open in time for the first game...ABSOLUTLY. No question, but looks like that's not going to happen. It's a shame and we can all wish that it was not the case....but, not much any of us can do about it. And, in spite of no bridge access, the game will be played and the Mean Green will win! And, my bride and I will have a great time...well, not my bride as she will be in Lisbon...Oh, no...it's the university's fault...the game will not be shown live on TV in Lisbon, Portugal....we must fire everyone in the athletic dept. over this...man, they must all be on vacation or something...how did this happen????? Just kidding......

warning points for you sir!!!!!

I don't know the reason for the delay, but if it is the ADA, as someone mentioned earlier, I would be shocked if it is open for next year. I work in a new facility that was approved for opening and in not quite two years we have had to reconstruct ramps three times, and parking spots twice due to their regulations, that are needed, but are somewhat over the top.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure true fans, all 14k strong, don't mind making the walk. However, it is an issue for those I invite who simply come to socialize and take in a local college game (to which they have no connection).

That is a fact. Would have been nice for this to have been done.

And yes, you can exert pressure on Txdot to prioritize the project.

• Upvote 1

Have dealt with a lot of construction projects in my time, and did not think the bridge would be ready by the first game. Having said that, I really kind of get a chuckle about the "hassle" of the walk to Apogee. It's sort of bewildering.

Many programs have gone ahead and played in stadiums where construction/upgrades on the STADIUM were not complete in time for the first game, and of course, they bitched about it, too. It's universal, and someday the bridge will be open and we can all have a beer and laugh (?) about it.

• Upvote 1