LSU football team not overlooking underdog North Texas

Harry

After opening the past two seasons with big ticket matchups against No. 18 North Carolina and No. 3 Oregon, respectively, the Tigers say they aren't sleeping on obvious underdog North Texas.

"Our coaches have been preaching to prepare exactly how we prepared for Oregon and the team has responded," said junior defensive lineman Barkevious Mingo. "You can never underestimate an opponent because they're going to give you their best shot, whoever it may be."

Sixth-year senior offensive lineman Josh Dworaczyk said LSU is already going over the game plan for the Mean Green, but aren't hurrying things too much.

"It's still early on," Dworaczyk said. "You give us two weeks, we're going to take two weeks."

Read more: http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/08/lsu_football_team_not_overlook.html

"I'm excited to be out there for my first start and go against a different team and put some stats on those guys," Mettenberger said. "I'm tired of seeing our guys hit each other all the time."

So much for taking UNT seriously.

But, at least they got our name right.

• Upvote 1

Yes sir......It was a hit at the Houston game....we were the ones with the double decker school bus parked next to Fouts. Unfortunately I moved to Dallas and my brewing counter part has moved as well. Believe me....I miss it. :( As soon as I can get settled, I would like to get it going again. Mean Green Brew Club? hmmm....Now...that's an idea. ;)

JRock

JRock wasn't it you that brewed some brew last year. Doing it again?

Yes sir......It was a hit at the Houston game....we were the ones with the double decker school bus parked next to Fouts. Unfortunately I moved to Dallas and my brewing counter part has moved as well. Believe me....I miss it. :( As soon as I can get settled, I would like to get it going again. Mean Green Brew Club? hmmm....Now...that's an idea. ;)

JRock

John Denver used to show up to Fouts with some righteous brew. Haven't heard from him for a couple years. Did he move away?