Congrats Jamize Olawale!

All About UNT

"Do you believe in the Mean Green!" Did I really hear that on a Cowboy's broadcast?

Yep and both Mick and Babe were laughing because of the obvious connection to Jub Jub.

As for Olawale he's looked great. He totally looks like he belongs in the NFL. I think it's pretty much a given he's a favorite to make the team right?

• Upvote 2

Todd...................

Dodge

Jamize was at UNT for 2 years.

In 2010, his first year at the FBS level, he played in 11 out of 12 games--Dodge was HC for just over half that season. That year, Jamize had 6 receptions for 79 yards.

In 2011, after a year of experience under his belt, he played in 2 games. 2. And he had 2 receptions for 9 yards.

The argument could certainly be made that he was not used enough in 2010. But what does that say about 2011? And if "Todd Dodge" is at all the correct answer to question to which you responded, it's pretty obvious that it can't be the primary answer.

• Upvote 4

Jamize was at UNT for 2 years.

In 2010, his first year at the FBS level, he played in 11 out of 12 games--Dodge was HC for just over half that season. That year, Jamize had 6 receptions for 79 yards.

In 2011, after a year of experience under his belt, he played in 2 games. 2. And he had 2 receptions for 9 yards.

The argument could certainly be made that he was not used enough in 2010. But what does that say about 2011? And if "Todd Dodge" is at all the correct answer to question to which you responded, it's pretty obvious that it can't be the primary answer.

He stunted his growth.

• Upvote 1

Emmitt now I get to call you out for this one, (since you didnt like my Craig ranking).. Cant blame TD for this one, matter of fact you thank him for having his coaching staff recruit him... Havent really asked many questions about why Jamize never played here but according to Macs record.. He doesnt care how much of an athlete you are, if you dont practice well, you wont play... But overall it was a miss on all parts, kinda like my boy Henry Melton up in Chicago, played RB at Texas for 2 years then went to DE for 2 and now starts at DT

• Upvote 1

From the Fort Worth Star Telegram

Olawale shines again: Jamize Olawale, an undrafted free agent from North Texas, made his presence felt as a rusher and receiver for a second consecutive game. Olawale scored a second-quarter touchdown, the Cowboys’ first of the pre-season, on a 2-yard blast. He also grabbed four passes and turned up some heat on Phillip Tanner, who is out with a broken hand, in the battle to be the team’s third running back. Olawale (10 carries, 30 yards) led the team in rushing for a second consecutive game in the pre-season.

"He really has shown that throughout training camp," said coach Jason Garrett. "He came in more as a fullback candidate. But he has also shown he can be a big back. He's played a lot as a halfback, he's played in third-down situations. He's really done some positive things running the football for us."

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/08/tonights-collection-of-cowboys-notes-starting-with-better-offense.html

temp20120818_DAL-SD_quickies045--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Jamize_Olawale_081812_762.jpg

If this guy is right and Olawale is fighting Tanner for the 3rd RB spot, what does that mean for Dunbar? He must still be in the talk. I really hope both Olawale and Dunbar can make the team.

• Upvote 1

I never thought I'd see the day when I was rooting for the Cowboys and pumped to watch their preseason games. Luckily, both were nationally televised so far, and next week I'll be back in the area, so I can see the last 2.

Olawale looked really good in both games. His YPC have been meh, but he also got hosed of a 13 yard run because one of the second string lineman committed an idiotic hold. He has looked really good blocking, and out of the backfield as a receiver. I really want to see Dunbar next week. How cool would it be if they kept Dunbar on as a change of pace 3rd/4th string rusher and a kick/punt returner, and they kept Olawale on as a FB and a goalline/short yardage bruiser? Two NT guys making the same team would be awesome. I'm looking forward to rooting for both of them into the future.

Also, as a quick side note, I think Olawale will get picked up by someone else if they waive him to try to practice squad him. Big backs that are showing natural talent with minimal experience are hard to come by, and he might be worth it as a project pickup for someone else.

• Upvote 1