Feely works to return as a starter - DRC

Harry

There was a time a few years ago when it appeared as if Coleman Feeley would make a run at the rare distinction of being a four-year starter at North Texas.

Feeley was thrust into the Mean Green’s lineup early in his freshman year and started the final seven games of the season.

That stretch remains the highlight of Feeley’s time at UNT heading into his senior year this fall, when he will have one last chance to become a staple in the Mean Green’s lineup.

UNT has four returning starters who have locked up jobs on its offensive front, leaving only one tackle spot up for grabs.

Feeley and LaChris Anyiam are in the midst of one of the more heated competitions in fall practice for that job.

“I have had a strange career here, starting seven games my true freshman year, redshirting the next year and then playing and starting at times the next couple of years until now. The joke I have always heard is that I’m trying to get back to where I was my freshman year, being a confirmed starter.”

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20120814-football-feeley-works-to-return-as-starter.ece

It's interesting to hear that Feely and LaChris Anyiam are in a dogfight for that last tackle spot on the o-line. I really like Feely and think he looks like a D-I tackle...we haven't always had that here. I remember Anyiam as a highly regarded prospect out of Allen who sort of fell into Dodge's lap. He had some type of eligibility or injury issue that took him off the radar and then he became available. I had kind of written Anyiam off and so it is nice to hear that he is putting himself in the mix.

It's interesting to hear that Feely and LaChris Anyiam are in a dogfight for that last tackle spot on the o-line. I really like Feely and think he looks like a D-I tackle...we haven't always had that here. I remember Anyiam as a highly regarded prospect out of Allen who sort of fell into Dodge's lap. He had some type of eligibility or injury issue that took him off the radar and then he became available. I had kind of written Anyiam off and so it is nice to hear that he is putting himself in the mix.

I think LaChris came in originally as a DE as well. So I'm glad he's put in the work to get in this mix after changing positions.

You can redshirt in any given year. It doesn't have to just be your Freshman year

gotcha, thanks. I knew the medical thing, but i didn't know you could just throw it in anywhere. I guess mainly it's just used for freshmen to develop and get bigger, stronger, faster, etc.

thanks for the clarification.

gotcha, thanks. I knew the medical thing, but i didn't know you could just throw it in anywhere. I guess mainly it's just used for freshmen to develop and get bigger, stronger, faster, etc.

thanks for the clarification.

Dodge got a little preachy about the fact you can use a redshirt any year after people were complaining about him playing Thompson his freshman year after Dodge ran out of QBs.