season tickets

10Eagle10

As far as i know, It is the $250 level, not the $500 level. It was last year too. The mean green room is for women's games at 250 plus purchase of women's season tix I think. $500 level for men's plus season tix.

The young alum section is for season ticket purchasers that don't donate if I remember correctly. I'll admit they sucked me in with the recent grad discount. As far as i can tell, it's working.

Young Alums can actually purchase in sections 103, 104, 106, 107, 206 & 208 on the alumni side at Young Alumn section pricing ($105/seat). I think that was a secret last year (I was smart enough to ask though) but this year it appears to be a listed benefit.

Recent Grads willing to donate their extremely limited, and sometimes non-existent (i.e. me), money to the program does a hell of a lot more for the program than bithcing on the Internet about pdfs, trips to Walmart and 1988.

GMG

Last year I paid full price for my section 208 tickets and a non-discounted MGC membership not knowing that there were any discounts for recent grads. This year I did get a discounted ticket price, but being the final year I am eligible for recent grad discounts there is not one for MGC memberships although I do get a parking pass this year which is awesome. Hopefully I can find two more people next year that want to attend and use the full alotment of 4 seats I am eligible for (currently attend with one fellow alum just pays for half since I already had priority points for season tickets purchased at Fouts). Happy it goes to my favorite cause.

I think the sticking point here is Grant.UNT's comment that he was donating last year at the $500 level, but then found out about the young alum program and decreased his gift significantly for the same benefit he was willing to pay more for last year. Honestly, this made me do a double-take as well. I certainly have no idea what his circumstances are, so there's no way I can say "That is wrong." Maybe his financial situation changed from last year? That's his business not mine.

I certainly still qualify for this loophole as my wife graduated in 2010. But we give more because we want to and it still fits in our budget... Not for the benefits.

For those of you out there who recently graduated and are still schlepping at entry-level positions, taking your lumps before you make your move up the ladder to the corner office; PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE of the young alumni giving program. It's really not too much per month (you can break your gift down into 5-month installments), and you can proudly say you're a Mean Green Club member and you are part of the University's climb to athletic dominance where one day Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, et.al., will be begging us to let them in our conference.

It really shouldn't matter what perks you get... unless you're in the "wheel club" or something... just give what you can.

Great post, Texan.

• Upvote 1

P'shaw. I'm not redistributing wealth like that!

(incidentally, of anyone in the ad is reading this, my kid makes what I feel is a reasonable request -- a soft serve machine in the club level.)

My waistline is against the soft serve machine.

Every other part of my body is for it.

• Upvote 3

For the record, I gave less because I could. It makes much more sense for me to put extra to pay off my house than it does to give extra right now. I feel no shame in taking advantage of a program that is extended to all grads for 5 yrs post graduation. If any of you don't like it then feel free to pay my mortgage for me and I will give more. I go to games, events, I give, Ipurchase bricks, coins, merchandise, and participate anywhere I can. I play chief recruiter at my office, and brings people to games with me. Giving $10,000 and bitching non-stop doesn't help the program as much as giving $100 and being a public champion for the MEAN GREEN! Some of you guys have piss poor attitudes about everyting. If you are saying "is this dude talking to me?" then YES I'm talking to you.

GMG

Would you be willing to wear a Scarlet $ on your chest? Ya know... just so the more important fans can distinguish themselves from bottom feeders? THEN EVERYBODY WINS!

• Upvote 6

Would you be willing to wear a Scarlet $ on your chest? Ya know... just so the more important fans can distinguish themselves from bottom feeders? THEN EVERYBODY WINS!

The irony here is that this time last year posters were accusing Grant.UNT of wearing a monocle in his club seats. Grant is a great Mean Green supporter and we need more like him. He constantly sells others on our product.

• Upvote 2

For the record, I gave less because I could. It makes much more sense for me to put extra to pay off my house than it does to give extra right now. I feel no shame in taking advantage of a program that is extended to all grads for 5 yrs post graduation. If any of you don't like it then feel free to pay my mortgage for me and I will give more. I go to games, events, I give, Ipurchase bricks, coins, merchandise, and participate anywhere I can. I play chief recruiter at my office, and brings people to games with me. Giving $10,000 and bitching non-stop doesn't help the program as much as giving $100 and being a public champion for the MEAN GREEN! Some of you guys have piss poor attitudes about everyting. If you are saying "is this dude talking to me?" then YES I'm talking to you.

GMG

/thread re-hijacked.

• Upvote 2

last year posters were accusing Grant.UNT of wearing a monocle in his club seats

all i asked was that they not spill their beer on me from way up in the nosebleeds while wearing monopoly man attire. I noticed a few of their dates were in Mrs. Peacock from the Clue movie outfits... but their lifestyle and spending/donating habits are totally cool with me as long as they consider sending down Yvette a couple times a game with a tray of cold one's.

clue+yvette.jpg

• Upvote 2

GMG

Couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 1

The irony here is that this time last year posters were accusing Grant.UNT of wearing a monocle in his club seats. Grant is a great Mean Green supporter and we need more like him. He constantly sells others on our product.

Can't please everyone can you.

• Upvote 1

I would. That's a great idea!

• Upvote 1