season tickets

10Eagle10

It's very high school not entertaining. It's more annoying than anything. Some of the same people that bitch about wanting a top tier program are the ones that treat it like a high school program. If you want to be respected as a "grown-up" program then act like it. Starting another board just so you can complain about the other is like breaking away from the church to start your own sect that despises the main body. It doesn't do anyone any good. They end up weakening each other, and hurting the "club"

YAC Board = Martin Luther?

• Upvote 2

For the record, I guess I have "hi-jacked" this thread to make it about the other forum, I guess. Sorry guys. Feel free to go to the other forum and complain about it.

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Heaven help anyone looking for season ticket info in this thread

Are you kidding...Heaven help anyone looking for any sort of Mean Green Info on this whole board! Ha! You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!!!

:thumbsu::judge:

• Upvote 1

4 new points on topic:

1. Season tickets are still for sale for as little as $65 in the Wing Zone

2. Joining the Mean Green Club benefits you with parking passes for football games and entry in to the hospitality room for drinks and food at bball games

3. The Mean Green Club membership benefits the school and its programs by funding scholarships

4. Every alum should join the Alumni Association because it's cheap, easy, you are an alum of North Texas, and it benefits the students.

Boom! unhijacked

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This all really boils down to posting a message on a message board and that message being posted on another message board, then a member of that message board taking offense to the message and posting a message back to the original messenger.

So glad I decided to adopt UNT because this is very entertaining.

pretty funny. I like your break down. it's like watching the fake John Madden break down a play with a telestrator and a pen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Really, all I wanted was a Pepsi. And this board wouldn't give it to me!

With NT being the team of Mean Joe Greene and Diet Coke Boy, what makes you think you could get a Pepsi?

• Upvote 4

So in summation, posters on this board are making fun of posters on different board making fun of the posters on this board. Both groups slap each other on the back and act smug. Both groups hate the "other guys" for smacking each other on the back and acting smug.

Is it football basketball TAILGATING season yet?

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

U mad?

The athletic dept. is doing young graduates a solid by getting them in the habit of donating while making a connection with that person for at least the next 4 years.

So if I have this right:

Give away end zone tickets... Good.

Give discounts to club members and recent grads (who by the way are funding the stadium)... Bad.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

U mad?

The athletic dept. is doing young graduates a solid by getting them in the habit of donating while making a connection with that person for at least the next 4 years.

So if I have this right:

Give away end zone tickets... Good.

Give discounts to club members and recent grads (who by the way are funding the stadium)... Bad.

But...but...letting in young (probably broke) alumni ruins my exclusivity!

Keep in mind that the new alumni section isn't the best in Apogee. It's over kinda sandwiched between students and visiting fans. If they want property alumni side or club seats, they've got to pay like everyone else with what ends up a small discount in overall expenditures.

As for letting them in the mean green room at basketball games, I simply don't see the problem.

Then again, screw 'em. I remember that particular young alum over there drinking beer on a couch once. He should be banned for life.

Jesus. We have dire need for butts in the seats, but only if they pass muster to get through the velvet rope! And they better have the hand signals down, dammit!

• Upvote 5

As for letting them in the mean green room at basketball games, I simply don't see the problem.

Hopefully you don't see a problem with NOT letting them in too. Access to the hospitality room is a benefit for $500 and greater donors and is not included in the recent grad program, per the benefits chart.

But...but...letting in young (probably broke) alumni ruins my exclusivity!

Keep in mind that the new alumni section isn't the best in Apogee. It's over kinda sandwiched between students and visiting fans. If they want property alumni side or club seats, they've got to pay like everyone else with what ends up a small discount in overall expenditures.

Then again, screw 'em. I remember that particular young alum over there drinking beer on a couch once. He should be banned for life.

Jesus. We have dire need for butts in the seats, but only if they pass muster to get through the velvet rope! And they better have the hand signals down, dammit!

So glad I have club seats so I don't have to deal with these young, riff-raffity grads.

For that matter, so I don't have to deal with most of you riff-raffity fans that are so obviously below my social level.

I'm off to build my survival bunker now...

• Upvote 3

Call Jessica at 940-369-8916. you are eligible for a recent grad price on the MGC too. I graduated in 2010. last year I gave $500, but I didn't know about recent grad pricing. This year I only had to give $75 for the same benefits as I got for the $500. Full access to the hospitality room for men and women's bball games and everything.

Hey Grant.UNT. You might check that. Everything I've heard/read puts the recent grad program on par with the $250 donor level, not $500. Just don't want you to be disappointed this year.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I think the sticking point here is Grant.UNT's comment that he was donating last year at the $500 level, but then found out about the young alum program and decreased his gift significantly for the same benefit he was willing to pay more for last year. Honestly, this made me do a double-take as well. I certainly have no idea what his circumstances are, so there's no way I can say "That is wrong." Maybe his financial situation changed from last year? That's his business not mine.

I certainly still qualify for this loophole as my wife graduated in 2010. But we give more because we want to and it still fits in our budget... Not for the benefits.

For those of you out there who recently graduated and are still schlepping at entry-level positions, taking your lumps before you make your move up the ladder to the corner office; PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE of the young alumni giving program. It's really not too much per month (you can break your gift down into 5-month installments), and you can proudly say you're a Mean Green Club member and you are part of the University's climb to athletic dominance where one day Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, et.al., will be begging us to let them in our conference.

It really shouldn't matter what perks you get... unless you're in the "wheel club" or something... just give what you can.

• Upvote 7