TCU QB flunked drug test

Harry

FORT WORTH — TCU quarterback Casey Pachall, a second-team All-Mountain West selection last season, told Fort Worth police in February that he had flunked a team-administered drug test after smoking marijuana, according to police reports released Friday.

Pachall was interviewed by police on Feb. 15 after officers executed an arrest warrant for teammate Tanner Brock at the home they shared on Winfield Avenue, according to the documents, which were first reported by the student-run website tcu360.com.

Pachall told police that he had smoked marijuana as recently as a week or two before Feb. 15 and that he had failed a team drug test administered by coach Gary Patterson on Feb. 1.

A source told the Star-Telegram in February that five players had tested positive for marijuana and failed the team drug test. Another 11 had trace amounts within the margin of error, the source said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/08/03/4151957/fourth-tcu-player-sentenced-in.html#storylink=cpy

I'm not sure how marijuana enhances performance and should therefore cause TCU to be called cheaters, but I do hope the kid learns from this experience and that it makes him a better husband and father in the long run.

People just don't get drugs till they try'em all....

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:goodjob: ................ B)

Well done. And just in case the younger crowd on this board doesn't understand the reference.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p307WSTFRE

I'm an atheist liberal from the northeast. Of course I know the reference (;

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gentleman,

How is breaking the law and covering it up not cheating. I marvel at this board's reasoning.

Where is the cover up? He readily admitted his transgressions to the police when questioned, heck he even went above and beyond in admitting to snorting cocaine... If your assertion is that anyone breaking the law is a cheater, how many of our own football players are cheating by drinking underage? I'd hazard a guess at at least 8 of 10?
  • Upvote 4

People just don't get drugs till they try'em all....

As I recall the story back in the day when it took place, Len Bias tried drugs for the first time ever and he tragically died after that first time.

Bias took a dose of cocaine which likely induced cardiac arrhythmia.

ESPN's 30/30 has been running a documentary on Bias.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jack_mccallum/06/17/len.bias/index.html

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I recall the story back in the day when it took place, Len Bias tried drugs for the first time ever and he tragically died after that first time.

Bias took a dose of cocaine which likely induced cardiac arrhythmia.

ESPN's 30/30 has been running a documentary on Bias.

http://sportsillustr...bias/index.html

That is such a tragic story. Growing up in Celtic land, I heard that story a few times as a kid. Definitely made me want to stay the hell away from cocaine. In fact, it still does. I'm certainly not about to go snort something that might kill me on spot. No one right of mind should ever do anything beyond drinking alcohol and smoking weed.

• Upvote 1

That is such a tragic story. Growing up in Celtic land, I heard that story a few times as a kid. Definitely made me want to stay the hell away from cocaine. In fact, it still does. I'm certainly not about to go snort something that might kill me on spot. No one right of mind should ever do anything beyond drinking alcohol and smoking weed.

Yep, because weed is such a good alternative.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yep, because weed is such a good alternative.

Compared to cocaine, it is a fantastic alternative. Marijuana is safer than alcohol (and tobacco) is. The only reason it's illegal is because the government was in bed with too many people in the timber industry that had a lot to lose when hemp became a popular alternative to timber, so they went on a smear campaign to illegalize it. It'll be fully legal in all states within 25 years...legal, taxed, and regulated like tobacco and alcohol.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

a college student smoked pot and maybe even did a line of blow..... I cant believe it, he should be banned from the ncaa for 2 years.. I mean according to the law, if a student has one pill of aderall, that carries the same penality as a bump of blow

Does it really? That's absolutely insane.

• Upvote 1

I would 100% without hesitation prefer my daughter smoke pot in college rather than drink alcohol. And I REALLY would prefer she smoke pot than pop prescription pills that some quack gave her a scrip for. Lord I detest pill poppers and their indignant self righteousness because they went doc shopping until they find someone willing, so now its legal.

As for cheating, the only way I could see marijuana giving one team an edge over the other is if the sport is competitive chili dog eating.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Gentleman,

How is breaking the law and covering it up not cheating. I marvel at this board's reasoning.

Just to make sure that I get this straight, you are mad at "cheating and covering up breaking the law" by a college kid smoking marijuana, yet the person in your avatar did the exact same thing, admittedly, while in college and he is the POTUS who you unequivocally support for re-election. I marvel at that reasoning even more.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Where is the cover up? He readily admitted his transgressions to the police when questioned, heck he even went above and beyond in admitting to snorting cocaine... If your assertion is that anyone breaking the law is a cheater, how many of our own football players are cheating by drinking underage? I'd hazard a guess at at least 8 of 10?

Surely you aren't that naive.

• Upvote 3

And honestly, who cares if TCU's QB likes to get high? Raiding the fridge isn't gonna make him any better at football. As the great Bobby Bowden once said, "If you don't want your boys to be caught with drugs, don't drug-test them." If you test everyone, you're not gonna like the results.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

This kid is amazing....and not in a good way. Just how many chances does this guy think he deserves? Time for this kid to grow up and take some personal responsibility for his own actions and step away from football until he can do so. This will tell everyone a good deal about TCU and its coaching staff and administration. Stand by...should be interesting.

• Upvote 1