T.J. Taylor on UNT Campus Today

Harry

T.J. Taylor, a former Denison standout who spent time at Oklahoma and Marquette, is on an official visit to UNT today.

A UNT source confirmed that the 6-3 shooting guard is on a visit to the school Thursday afternoon. Taylor said earlier in the day via text message that, “nothing is set in stone” as far as where he will continue his college basketball career.

New UNT head coach Tony Benford is a former Marquette assistant and recruited Taylor to the Big East Conference school.

Taylor arrived at Marquette in early July and left the school in a matter of days to return to Denison.

“We are in complete support of his decision and we wish him all the best in his future as a student-athlete,” Marquette coach Buzz Williams said in a statement after releasing Taylor.

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/07/taylor-on-campus-today.html/

From everything I'm reading on his twitter the dude is coming here. Not sure how we're gonna fit him but he's coming.

• Upvote 1

Wow -- exciting times...

Love this: Taylor could be eligible this season, if he receives a release from Marquette and enrolls at UNT, which has filled all of its scholarships for next season.

Disagree with this: If UNT and Taylor can work through those issues, he could fill one of the few holes on what could be UNT’s best team of the last several years next season.

If Taylor were to join this team is there really any question if this is the best team on paper ever at UNT? Really?

PG - Jones - 30 minutes, Alzee - 10 Minutes

SG - Azlee - 15 Minutes, Taylor - 20 Minutes, Walton - 5 Minutes

SF - The Black Hole - 15 Minutes, Jordan W. - 20 Minutes, Patton - 5 Minutes

PF- Mitchell - 10 Minutes, The Black Hole - 5 Minutes, Patton - 10 Minutes, Franklin - 15 Minutes

C - Coleman - 20 Minutes, Mitchell - 20 Minutes

On the outside looking in: Overlander, the two other PG's and Niko.

This team is really stacked, it is hard to find minutes for anyone besides Jones and Mitchell.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1

If Taylor were to join this team is there really any question if this is the best team on paper ever at UNT? Really?

I don't know, but hasn't this been the best "off-season" in UNT history? Two coaches hired away by Big 6 schools, a conference move UP, hiring a head coach away from a Big 6 school, hiring a men's basketball head coach that appears to be taking recruiting to the next level, and now a possible late addition to complete a pretty complete basketball team.

Good things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone want to throw out a mid-season rosterbation depth chart if he does in fact come here?

Only because of your AMAZING bit of word-creation

PG. Chris Jones - Norris/Hardwick...whoever is further along in their development...if neither really steps up I'd like to see Alzee get a few minutes on the ball.

SG. TJ Taylor - Alzee...Walton/Overlander find scant minutes pretty much only if no one is hitting from more than 15 feet and teams are packing the lane

SF. Justin Patton - Jordan

PF. Tony Mitchell - Roger/Holmen

C. Keith Coleman - Niko (kinda)

I think the reserve front-court will be a lot of mixing and matching...line-ups like Jordan, Patton, Roger and Holmen as the 2,3,4,5...focus on team rebounding and up-tempo offense

• Upvote 2

oh I didn't have anything to do with that. I don't -1 someone just because someone had to get filled in on a situation. That would be some other douche canoe.

LOL, Greek did it to me once so I figured that was a common theme.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First question:

For some people, they seem to be a really big damn deal. Enough to jump to conclusions and still linger on it 3 months later.

Second question:

__SignsPointToYes.gif

1) Can we re-argue Gonzaga now? Or is 3 year lingering just as bad?

2) Wow. thats kinda stalkerish creepy.

• Upvote 2