Coach Benford will be on The Ticket today

KoldBeer

So the Ticket almost denies their strong ties to the school for years. Now, let us get a top 5 draft pick playing bball for us and all of a sudden they care about our hoops program. That angers me deeply.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So the Ticket almost denies their strong ties to the school for years. Now, let us get a top 5 draft pick playing bball for us and all of a sudden they care about our hoops program. That angers me deeply.

Don't let it. If it is the catalyst for greater things, celebrate it. It is not hypocrisy, it's the way the media works. We have a great player that is so good, so incredible, he cannot be ignored.

You can either choose to be angry at the media, or know that Tony really is that incredible.

If best case scenario happens, Tony takes us to the S16 or beyond, and we become top 20 regulars, than this season can be considered one of many stepping stones. In a sense, it is a tale of Mean Green overcoming a media bias.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

More like it's a fill in show struggling for a week's worth of content. Calm down bro.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To piggyback on what Miner said, blame the market they broadcast to. NT Athletics talk has never been damanded by them. Hear much Rangers talk 4 years back? Or how about the Mavericks in the late 90's?

It's actually a good thing they are talking about us. And it's not because John in Frisco wants to hear about us, but because we're worth talking about. That's much better.

And just maybe, the AD of UNT strung this together. Wouldn't that blow some minds?

• Upvote 3

I hear Jub talking up UNT as much as possible.

The VERY SAD reality is... other than the people on this message board, and maybe a handful of others, no one wants to hear about UNT athletics. If there were long stretches of UNT athletics talk, UT-T-shirt-fan-guy would turn the channel, and they don't want that...

Why are you "angered deeply"? Would you rather they not talk to Benford at all?

I hear Jub talking up UNT as much as possible.

The VERY SAD reality is... other than the people on this message board, and maybe a handful of others, no one wants to hear about UNT athletics. If there were long stretches of UNT athletics talk, UT-T-shirt-fan-guy would turn the channel, and they don't want that...

Why are you "angered deeply"? Would you rather they not talk to Benford at all?

it doesn't actually anger me. I was being facetious. They do need to replace Race Week with an hour of UNT sports though. The Green Guys show on 88.1 is terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

it doesn't actually anger me. I was being facetious. They do need to replace Race Week with an hour of UNT sports though. The Green Guys show on 88.1 is terrible.

Heck yeah! I'd listen. But I bet there are more NASCAR fans who listen to Race Week than would listen to a UNT show. Does SMU or TCU have their own shows on 104.1, 103.3, or 105.3?

Win at football and/or basketball consistently, and maybe the interest would be there.