UNT gets commitment from 6-10 Brazilian center Arthur Casimiro

Harry

North Texas standout Tony Mitchell tuned up for his freshman season by playing in the FIBA U-19 World Championships a year ago.

Arthur Casimiro, one of the players he faced during the tournament, decided to follow the path Mitchell blazed to Denton on Wednesday.

The 6-10 center committed to UNT after visiting the school. He will play the upcoming season at San Bernardino (Calif.) Community College and then have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Casimiro is a member of the Brazilian national team.

Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day recruits in the class of 2013 can sign national letters of intent is Nov. 14, the first day of the early-signing period.

“I looked at the program and really liked it,” Casimiro said Wednesday. “I really liked it.”

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20120711-men-s-basketball-unt-gets-commitment-from-6-10-brazilian-center.ece

North Texas standout Tony Mitchell tuned up for his freshman season by playing in the FIBA U-19 World Championships a year ago.

Arthur Casimiro, one of the players he faced during the tournament, decided to follow the path Mitchell blazed to Denton on Wednesday.

The 6-10 center committed to UNT after visiting the school. He will play the upcoming season at San Bernardino (Calif.) Community College and then have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Casimiro is a member of the Brazilian national team.

Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day recruits in the class of 2013 can sign national letters of intent is Nov. 14, the first day of the early-signing period.

"I looked at the program and really liked it," Casimiro said Wednesday. "I really liked it."

Read more: http://www.dentonrc....lian-center.ece

San Berdoo Valley college is within driving distance for me. I'll go to some of the games and give reports. Though, I'm not a big hoops guy, so they will be pretty amateurish reports.

San Berdoo Valley college is within driving distance for me. I'll go to some of the games and give reports. Though, I'm not a big hoops guy, so they will be pretty amateurish reports.

Thanks Shuke, I look forward to that!

Wow...talk about "under the radar" recruiting! Hopefully this big guy can develop for a year in California and then really have a big role for the Mean Green. Looks like UNT is getting on some radar screens as far as a "want to" place to play. Have to give T Mitch some credit there as he seems to be a PR draw...always great to see, and will help in recruiting.

Good job guys...keep it up! BB season is going to be fun for years to come with the Mean Green. The Pit will be the "place to be". I hope the students are paying attention as well.

Little worried about this one. If he was a 4 yr guy that would give him time to develop more. But he's only here for 2, Im already thinking this might be a ship for a dude who gets. 3 minutes a night

Perhaps, but you need bench players as well. It could be he only sees mop up duty. Lets hope he develops over the next year in California.

GMG

Edited by mean green d

Perhaps, but you need bench players as well. It could be he only sees mop up duty. Lets hope he develops over the next year in California.

GMG

Agree, concerning the bench players comment (I think you need a rotation of at least 7-9 players, that can bring it), however, I would also like to believe, that although Tony is not the coach, he did give an opinion, about this guys, potential. He did play against him. Every bit of info, helps, with scouting these recruits.

Edited by meangreenfan65