Former UNT Coach Gary Deloach lands on his feet

Harry

SHREVEPORT -- To be drawn back into coaching, Gary DeLoach needed the right opportunity.

His longtime relationship with Bradley Dale Peveto and the Northwestern State coach’s need for a defensive coordinator to replace Brad Laird turned out to be just the chance DeLoach needed.

DeLoach, who sat out last season, will be back on a college football sideline in 2012 after Peveto hired him to replace Laird on the Demons staff. DeLoach’s hiring is subject to approval by the University of Louisiana Board of Supervisors.

“I’d been wanting to get back in,” said DeLoach, who was defensive coordinator at North Texas State from 2008 through 2010. “I was waiting for the right situation. I think Northwestern State University is the right situation for me right now.”

read more: http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120710/SPORTS/120710017/Northwestern-State-picks-former-North-Texas-State-coach-run-defense

SHREVEPORT -- To be drawn back into coaching, Gary DeLoach needed the right opportunity.

His longtime relationship with Bradley Dale Peveto and the Northwestern State coach’s need for a defensive coordinator to replace Brad Laird turned out to be just the chance DeLoach needed.

DeLoach, who sat out last season, will be back on a college football sideline in 2012 after Peveto hired him to replace Laird on the Demons staff. DeLoach’s hiring is subject to approval by the University of Louisiana Board of Supervisors.

“I’d been wanting to get back in,” said DeLoach, who was defensive coordinator at North Texas State from 2008 through 2010. “I was waiting for the right situation. I think Northwestern State University is the right situation for me right now.”

read more: http://www.thetownta...ach-run-defense

1988....we havent been north texas state since 19 freaken 88....jeez when will people learn.

1988....we havent been north texas state since 19 freaken 88....jeez when will people learn.

Again (and again and again), this is easily solved by biting the bullet and calling ourselves UNT and sticking UNT on the helmets...and everything else athletic related.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...when you say North Texas, you're 2/3rds of the way to saying North Texas State. We invite it with our wholly unnecessary clinging to "North Texas." Again, it gives people that "directional school" attitude towards us...Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, etc.

We need to seriously act like big boys now that we have big boy coaches and stadiums and whatnot.

• Upvote 2

Agree.. idiots..... saying NT University doesn't bother me [ people say Texas University and University of Texas , who cares, they don't ] Just don't say State, not part of our name for over 20 years. Some just don't know better ( ignorant ), but some like smu people think it is an insult so use it.

--- I almost passed out when a friend of mine refered to it as North Texas State Teacher's College when talking to me. ... holy cow.... it has never been that since we entered first grade. and we were born during WWII. She wasn't trying to be funny.... or insulting.

--------------

---I prefer a helmet symbol close to what the alum organization uses [ a crossed NT ] but you might be right... UNT might be helpful...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1