New Jumbotron update?

Stan R

I don't recall plans for a new jumbo being announced.

Must have missed something or forgotten

Someone posted about it a few months ago but it was just hearsay I believe. I'm sure it will happen eventually, I'm not getting my hopes up for this year.

• Upvote 1

IF this team lives up to billing, and IF our fanbase (especially the "football only" crowd) shows up, you may see a lot of things change and/or improve. Hard to justify upgrades for the paltry number that bother to show up.

Yes, this year is crucial in regard to actually building a sizeable loyal fanbase as we move into CUSA. Hopefully, this team will be successful and exciting enough to finally attract interest from more than a handful of non-affiliated locals and such, as well as build a base of 3-4 thousand plus students who are motivated to attend every game no matter who the opponent. Some innovative promotions wouldn't hurt either, because shooting a few chickens into the air just ain't gonna cut it.

When did we rename the Super pit to Apogee arena? I wasn't notified of this change.

Edit - someone's post about new jumbo's at "Apogee" mysteriously disappeared. Or - I could be going crazy. :phew:

That was me. I pulled up the post on my phone and didn't realize it was in the basketball forum. Once I realized my error I deleted the post.