UNT picks up commit from Fort Bend OL Dominick Walker

Harry

UNT continued to quickly fill out its recruiting class, especially when it comes to offensive linemen, this month.

The latest player to add to the list of UNT commitments is Fort Bend Austin offensive lineman Dominick Walker.

Walker, 6-5, 275, actually committed to UNT a couple of weeks ago, but I didn’t get him on the phone until this afternoon.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/06/unt-picks-up-commitment-from-fort-bend-ol.html/

This post has been promoted to an article

Love the pipeline to the Fort Bend schools, especially with FB Austin being where I went to high school. The Fort Bend Schools put out a ton of D-1 talent every year, so I guarantee he's going up against some of the best around. I'd like to see us get Romulous Rhome a DT at fort Bend Bush. I'm going to have to for sure make it to the Austin v. Elkins to watch the two NT commits.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 1

Kidsy is only 5'11" but he can high jump 6'8" so he plays taller.

Rivals shows him as 6' & hmmmmmm ESPN sez 5'11'. They also have Schilleci as 5'11. Guess Rivals is using aa taller measuring tape.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Darvin-Kidsy-137213;_ylt=AoaDcQ_rB_CpS.vA3c7sYvNDPZB4

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/249/north-texas

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

Ok, so I found yet another glitch in the way my iphone displays things. If you click on the link I posted on MY iphone (apparently only mine) it shows three of our guys committing on 7/1/08. I was originally attempting to poke fun at rivals, I guess it was a very very inside joke. :fpc:

• Downvote 1

So this is 7 or 8 commits + 2 transfers who might count toward this total. I know we're under the limit, but I think we only have like 12 scholarship senior players this year. I wonder how much under the limit we are and whether or not this will be a class of 20+ players.

Coach Mac was quoted as saying we were 12 players short after the 2012 class. That does not include any defectors in the last few months (I think Stock is the only one). So this should be a full class of 25.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1

Coach Mac was quoted as saying we were 12 players short after the 2012 class. That does not include any defectors in the last few months (I think Stock is the only one). So this should be a full class of 25.

Rumor is Stock is back!