2012-13 UNT Football Commitment List Updated 1-27-13

Harry

1). RB - Reggie Pegram (6-1, 220) Dallas Madison (Purdue transfer) [April 11, 2012]

2). WR - Darius Terrell (6-3, 225, 4.5) DeSoto, Texas (Desoto HS/University of Texas Transfer) [May 11, 2012]

http://www.gomeangreen.com/_/darius-terrell-transfers-from-texas-to-north-texas-r495

3). LB/ATH Sed Ellis (6-3, 200) Paris, Texas [June 5, 2012]

4). LB - Calvin Minor (6-3, 195, 4.6) Lewisville, Texas (Lewisville HS) [June 6, 2012]
http://www.gomeangre...lewisville-r506

5). OL - Dominic Walker (6-5, 280) Sugarland, Texas (Austin HS) [June 13, 2012]

6). QB - Dajon Williams - (6-3, 190, 4.6) Pflugerville, Texas (Connally HS) [June 20, 2012]

7). DB - John Schilleci - (6-0. 190, 4.57) Denton, Texas (Guyer HS) [June 25, 2012]
?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

8). WR - Darvin Kidsy - (6-0. 175, 4.4) Missouri City, Texas (Elkins HS) [June 26, 2012]
?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

9). OL - Harrison Sorge - (6-4, 300) Wichita Falls, TX. (Rider HS) [July 3rd, 2012]

10). OL - Cody Nelson - (6-5, 265) Keller, TX. (Keller High School) [June 25, 2012]

11). QB - Brock Berglund - (6-4, 220, 4.5) Highlands Ranch, Colorado (
Valor Christian HS/Kansas Transfer) [sept 8th 2012]

12). FB/LB - Fred Scott - (5-11, 230, 4.7) Kennedale, TX. (Kennedale High School) [sept 24, 2012]

13). WR - Turner Smiley - (6-0, 175) Frisco, TX (Wakeland HS) [Nov. 4th, 2012]

14). OL - Shawn McKinney - (6-4, 355) Hubbard, TX (Hubbard HS/Trinity Valley CC) [Dec. 11th, 2012]

15). DB/ATH - James Jones - (5-11, 170) Houston, TX (Aldine HS/Kilgore JC) [Dec. 14th 2012]

16). OL - Justin Manu - (6-5, 285) Salt Lake City, UT (Snow Junior College) [Dec. 18th, 2012]

17). DL - Quenton Brown - (6-4, 235) Tucker, GA (Eastern Arizona College) [Dec. 19th, 2012]

18). DB/ATH - Zed Evans - (5-10, 180) Seagoville, TX (Seagoville HS/Louisville University) [Dec. 20th, 2012]

19). DB - Chad Davis - (5-10, 172) Richmond, TX (Bush HS) [Dec. 28th, 2012)

20). TE - Wylie Reinhardt - (6-4, 265) Saginaw, TX (Saginaw HS) [Jan. 20th, 2013]

21). TE - Chris Loving - (6-4, 265) Houston, TX (Klein HS/Blinn Junior College) [Jan. 20th, 2013]

This post has been promoted to an article

• 6 months later...
Who on this list has signed and will be available for spring training?

National letters of intent cannot be signed until February 6. Midyear JC transfers could sign starting December 19.

I assume Reggie Pegram, Darius Terrell, and Brock Bergland have already transfered.

ESPN shows JUCO transfers Shawn McKinney and Justin Manu have signed.

Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 1

I know the dates. And I know that "commitments" doesn't mean we have them. We have them when they sign.

So who has signed and who will be available for spring training?

I don't know if you are asking this or not? I do not believe any of the HS players graduated in December and are enrolling in the Spring so they can participate in Spring practice. I could be wrong, but I think the Transfers, including Louisville's Zed Evans, and the JUCO's will all be eligible for Spring practice.

Edited by GreenBat
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is still confusion as to what year Berglund, Terrell, and Pegram were assigned. There are currently 14 commitments, 4 signees and 2 grayshirts on this year's quota. Depending on the status of the three transfers there could be from two to five open spots left. If we reach the limit and still have more that we want to sign some will have to grayshirt if they still want a scholarship here. I don't believe that we would turn down a Woods, Smart, or Dean without exercising that option.

BTW we only signed 21 on signing day last year and other than Trice I'm not sure of the other three who made the full complement of 25.

• Upvote 1

There is still confusion as to what year Berglund, Terrell, and Pegram were assigned. There are currently 14 commitments, 4 signees and 2 grayshirts on this year's quota. Depending on the status of the three transfers there could be from two to five open spots left. If we reach the limit and still have more that we want to sign some will have to grayshirt if they still want a scholarship here. I don't believe that we would turn down a Woods, Smart, or Dean without exercising that option.

BTW we only signed 21 on signing day last year and other than Trice I'm not sure of the other three who made the full complement of 25.

We signed the full 25 last year.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/249/class/2012

• Upvote 2