C-USA announces tourney sites

NT03

Does it really? I get why they chose those cities over dfw or SA but El Paso is so far away from so many teams. Flights from some of those towns to EP and Tulsa will kill outsider attendance

Hopefully they will wrap it into a weekend... Flying to El Paso is cheap and pretty easy (SWA Love)from here.

I dare say you might want to think twice about that passport thing. Juarez is not the safest of places to be these days. Lots of things to do on the US side of the border if you go to El Paso.

Am just wondering how the "feel" of the tournament might be in a larger city like El Paso? It was fun running into Mean green fans on the streets in Hot Springs and you could pretty much walk all over the town during the tournament. Team watering holes were close, etc. I wonder how it might be in El Paso? I guess we'll find out soon enough! Viva El Paso!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I dare say you might want to think twice about that passport thing. Juarez is not the safest of places to be these days. Lots of things to do on the US side of the border if you go to El Paso.

Am just wondering how the "feel" of the tournament might be in a larger city like El Paso? It was fun running into Mean green fans on the streets in Hot Springs and you could pretty much walk all over the town during the tournament. Team watering holes were close, etc. I wonder how it might be in El Paso? I guess we'll find out soon enough! Viva El Paso!

You can bet I'll be traveling with my gun since El Paso is still U.S. soil and we will be so close to Juarez.

Also, what is there to do in Tulsa? I think my trip may consist of

1)Watch basketball

2)Drink

3)Pass out

4)Watch dust devils

5)Repeat

Edited by emmitt01

Is this another token to the Miners for their commitment to CUSA?

There were rumblings that they were going to the MWC unless CUSA brought in 2 Texas schools. Voila! UNT & nUTSAx.

Now they get this carrot too. Seems like the conference is trying to keep the Miners happy.

I like this move. The Miners could turn into quite a rivalry for us... especially in b-ball.

• Upvote 4

I hate El Paso. The place is a dump. UTEP is going to be a great rival for us in C-USA, but I just don't like their city.

I would like New Orleans much better. It sits right on the Mississippi, and divides the East and West.

Edited by Side Show Joe

Is this another token to the Miners for their commitment to CUSA?

There were rumblings that they were going to the MWC unless CUSA brought in 2 Texas schools. Voila! UNT & nUTSAx.

Now they get this carrot too. Seems like the conference is trying to keep the Miners happy.

I like this move. The Miners could turn into quite a rivalry for us... especially in b-ball.

Word.

I was thinking the exact same thing... C-USA had to have been like, let's throw these guys a bone for sticking with us

This is really one for Comedy Central. UNT has not even seen the start of it's affiliation with CUSA and already the Mean Green Nation seems to have found something to complain about...the Basketball Tournament site. Greatness! :goodjob:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2