UNT AD Rick Villarreal Contract Details - DRC

Harry

Intersting thing about the timing of this thread. This was right before we all learned that there would, in fact, only be 5 home games in the 2012 season. My UNT naive self believed Villarreal would get 6th home game done. This was before I was clues into the con that is the Hattiesburg Hustler. Remember, the Hattiesburg  Hustler would never come out and say "just 5 home games this year, folks." He would hem and haw about the subject, always say he was "working on it" and then just release a 5 home game schedule without comment. Con man conning. 

When that home game didn't materialize is when I began looking at past and future scheduled and it became painfully obvious very quickly that the schedule was a mismanaged disaster that was going to have at least one more year with a 5 home game schedule, if not more. 

And I warned y'all 2015 was going to absolutely be that year, with other years possible if UNT didn't keep buying home games (thankfully they did... Well, Portland St 66 UNT 7 may not be too thankful. Of course, I also warned about a loss in one of these games and the disaster that would cause to this program). 

And the response from the typical RV sycophants was "trust RV, he will fix it," which just made me shake my head. These people were believing in RV over cold, hard math. Such is the idiocy in this fan base. 

The schedule made me pay closer attention to other things going on with the program (coaching hires, major sports won/loss record, RV's blatant and continuous lies to the fanbase) which made it clear we had a terrible AD, I mean the worst in college athletics terrible, that could not get the job done on so many multiple levels.

So yes, my opinion changed, and drastically. Again, if you can't change your opinion when presented with new facts that demonstrates without a doubt that your previous opinion was wrong, you are simply an arrogant, ego-inflated blow hard or you are an intellectual midget. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 11:46 AM, UNT90 said:

This made me giggle.

And what do you know of me? 

Glad you get that. Pseudo-intellectual because you put down people who don't share your opinions, usually in a very snarky way. It's what pseudo-intellectuals do, project their own insecurities through snarky insults.

Truth be told, you don't know me, and I don't know you. But we each don't like the other's internet persona.

So be it.

This is just comedy gold.  Gold, Jerry, Gold!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Have you seen the returning team Benford has?!?!?!?  What was that Mark Twain quote? "The Report of his death have been greatly exaggerated"  Benford has not been all that up to this point, but we only graduated 3 players, (1 starter, and 1 with playing time) and have a great, young team coming back...  Before you hammer the guy, at least come out and see what he has....

Talent has never been the issue with Benford's teams.

• Upvote 2

• Harry locked this topic