UNT AD Rick Villarreal Contract Details - DRC

Harry

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Have you seen the returning team Benford has?!?!?!?  What was that Mark Twain quote? "The Report of his death have been greatly exaggerated"  Benford has not been all that up to this point, but we only graduated 3 players, (1 starter, and 1 with playing time) and have a great, young team coming back...  Before you hammer the guy, at least come out and see what he has....

Remind me, is this 2012 or 2016? 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Have you seen the returning team Benford has?!?!?!?  What was that Mark Twain quote? "The Report of his death have been greatly exaggerated"  Benford has not been all that up to this point, but we only graduated 3 players, (1 starter, and 1 with playing time) and have a great, young team coming back...  Before you hammer the guy, at least come out and see what he has....

I thought this post was a joke after reading the first sentence. After depressingly reading the rest I'm going tap submit reply after typing this sentence and angrily stare at this bush I'm parked in front of. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

I thought this post was a joke after reading the first sentence. After depressingly reading the rest I'm going tap submit reply after typing this sentence and angrily stare at this bush I'm parked in front of. 

I hope to see you at a game sometime....until then....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

So, is all that talent going to organize and coach itself? Benford ain't the one to get it done. Seeing me at a game sometime will be when Benford is no longer coaching at UNT.

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

He can recruit but he cannot coach, a good coach does not lose by 30.  I would go out on limb and say we don't win the title next year.   He has been out coached by teams with a lot less talent.  Sorry year four will be the same as the others, a big disappointment.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

He can recruit but he cannot coach, a good coach does not lose by 30.  I would go out on limb and say we don't win the title next year.   He has been out coached by teams with a lot less talent.  Sorry year four will be the same as the others, a big disappointment.

tell that to the OU coach.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

It's year 5.  <sad face> 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i thought about after i sent the message. I would trade coaches with OU any day of the week.

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's year 5.  <sad face> 

I am wrong on everything.  I don't think any coach should be given a five year contract, four at the most because that gives him a chance to build his team.  If he sucks in year four most likely he will suck in year 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I think you're missing the point (see below)

51 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

gives him a chance to build his team.

He had the dream team in year 1. There was no building!

"Best men basketball UNT has ever seen" I believe were RV's words.

He inherited a very talented (and experienced?) team.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I think you're missing the point (see below)

He had the dream team in year 1. There was no building!

"Best men basketball UNT has ever seen" I believe were RV's words.

He inherited a very talented (and experienced?) team.

just come out and watch them play.  if you don't like what you see....scream all you want....but those who do not bother to come out.....you know....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

just come out and watch them play.  if you don't like what you see....scream all you want....but those who do not bother to come out.....you know....

What if they've already been out within the past 4 years, did not like what they saw, screamed, then chose not to come back? Do they have a right to an opinion or just the folks that sit through all 4 dreadful seasons?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

What if they've already been out within the past 4 years, did not like what they saw, screamed, then chose not to come back? Do they have a right to an opinion or just the folks that sit through all 4 dreadful seasons?

haters go to hate....  I choose to live life with a more positive spin......I am betting all the haters did not see a single game last year.  We have some talent....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

haters go to hate....  I choose to live life with a more positive spin......I am betting all the haters did not see a single game last year.  We have some talent....

Were you still positive at the end of that 32 point home ass-whipping Southern Illinois dropped on us? Why would the haters need to see a single game last year? Maybe they've already seen Benford lead one of our most talented teams in history to a 12-20 record and didn't care to watch the rerun.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I went to 7 or 8 home games. After the WKU game I'm done and will continue to be done going to bball games until Benford is gone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

When your screaming is ignored, especially for what will be 4 years, you simply stop caring and walk away.

I call it the Villarreal effect.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

talk to me when you actually make it to a game....

8 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

So, quick question, since I live 6 hours away, and my trips home don't always coincide with home games, can I talk, or am I not a good enough fan?

6 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I got sucked in and had season tickets in year 1.  I saw first hand in year 1, the man can't coach.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5