UNT AD Rick Villarreal Contract Details - DRC

Harry

UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal will receive a base salary of $275,000 with an annual $100,000 retention bonus and a $7,200 car allowance beginning on Sept. 1, 2013, under terms of his new contract that will run through Feb. 28, 2017.

Villarreal will receive a $250,000 base salary and a $50,000 retention bonus for the school year beginning on Sept. 1. His salary from March 1 to Aug. 31 will be $228,000, a prorated portion of his base pay.

The last of Villarreal’s three scheduled $100,000 bonuses during the term of the contract will be paid on Sept. 1, 2015.

The contract also includes performance incentives for both academic success and seasons in which UNT’s teams win conference titles or reach the postseason.

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20120606-notebook-paris-linebacker-orally-commits-to-unt.ece

• 3 years later...

Context is everything...

During that time there was a lot of hope... based upon the words of our leadership.

We just got the new football facility... Dodge was recently fired and our new coach got us 5 wins. First time in a long time.  Basketball was still ok under JJ though he was about to leave.  We had Tony Mitchell committing another year and we knew the talent he was at the time. 

We were still riding high on the over-promises of RV which a short time later would tell it wasn't true or honest. It didn't take long to see how his decisions were disastrous. 

With that said, I am glad I didn't say anything to this. :)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

put THAT on a banner

Things change. Sometimes drastically. You aren't very intelligent if your opinions don't change no matter the new information received.

Its ok, though, as I know that you will simply go back to doing nothing and just being a smart ass on a message board. 

We all have our roles. 

You could at least throw in a D joke, since that's your main contribution up in here. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Things change. Sometimes drastically. You aren't very intelligent if your opinions don't change no matter the new information received.

Its ok, though, as I know that you will simply go back to doing nothing and just being a smart ass on a message board. 

We all have our roles. 

You could at least throw in a D joke, since that's your main contribution up in here. 

let's give it a try.

you're a D.

hmm. 

seems to have accomplished just as much as an airplane and 25,238 self-indulgent posts. and for thousands less!! (got that UNT degree)

so ya...I will continue to be a smart ass. and you go on back to thinking that you're doing "something" up in here is actually doing something. 

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 10

7 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

let's give it a try.

you're a D.

hmm. 

seems to have accomplished just as much as an airplane and 25,238 self-indulgent posts. and for thousands less!! (got that UNT degree)

so ya...I will continue to be a smart ass. and you go on back to thinking that you're doing "something" up in here is actually doing something. 

Your anger at me is quite comical. If you are too stupid to realize what the banner accomplished, I can't really help you. 

You think I'm a D? Eh, that's ok, because I think you are an arrogant, pseudo-intellectual under achiever. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 11

21 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Your anger at me is quite comical. If you are too stupid to realize what the banner accomplished, I can't really help you. 

You think I'm a D? Eh, that's ok, because I think you are an arrogant, pseudo-intellectual under achiever. 

Well you're a doodoohead and CBL is a dirty lint licker

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

angry? nah...I've very little of that in my life (don't you remember your favorite stand-by? I'm a pot smoking hippie, right?). more a frustration over how what used to be a semi-enjoyable, silly time-waste has been co-opted by one person saying the same thing over and over...so whereas I used to be able to have a laugh at a good D joke or some good old fashion racism, now I'm left with few options outside of getting you all worked up for a chuckle. 

arrogant? sure...I can see it.

pseudo-intellectual? why...because I use different words and think in different ways than you do? way to internalize and project your own insecurities through insult, man!

under-achiever? what do you know of any of my achievements to assume I could've had more? 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Well you're a doodoohead and CBL is a dirty lint licker

This made me giggle.

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

angry? nah...I've very little of that in my life (don't you remember your favorite stand-by? I'm a pot smoking hippie, right?). more a frustration over how what used to be a semi-enjoyable, silly time-waste has been co-opted by one person saying the same thing over and over...so whereas I used to be able to have a laugh at a good D joke or some good old fashion racism, now I'm left with few options outside of getting you all worked up for a chuckle. 

pseudo-intellectual? why...because I use different words and think in different ways than you do? way to internalize and project your own insecurities through insult, man!

under-achiever? what do you know of any of my achievements to assume I could've had more? 

And what do you know of me? 

Glad you get that. Pseudo-intellectual because you put down people who don't share your opinions, usually in a very snarky way. It's what pseudo-intellectuals do, project their own insecurities through snarky insults. 

Truth be told, you don't know me, and I don't know you. But we each don't like the other's internet persona.

So be it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 10

23 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

23 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

And what do you know of me? 

Glad you get that. Pseudo-intellectual because you put down people who don't share your opinions, usually in a very snarky way. It's what pseudo-intellectuals do, project their own insecurities through snarky insults. 

Truth be told, you don't know me, and I don't know you. But we each don't like the other's internet persona.

So be it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

so he and benford will drive off into the sunset together come 02/2017?

Have you seen the returning team Benford has?!?!?!?  What was that Mark Twain quote? "The Report of his death have been greatly exaggerated"  Benford has not been all that up to this point, but we only graduated 3 players, (1 starter, and 1 with playing time) and have a great, young team coming back...  Before you hammer the guy, at least come out and see what he has....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11