David Anwar in process of joining UNT's Staff

Harry

"Coleman said in February that he planned to stick with the Huskers no matter Sadler’s fate, but one of the main reasons he inked with Nebraska in the first place was his long-standing relationship with Sadler assistant, David Anwar, a fellow Philadelphia native."

http://www.timesrepublican.com/page/blogs.detail/display/1501/Coleman-and-Nebraska-to-go-separate-ways--Update-.html

Here's some more detail on Anwar from the Nebraska site:

Courtesy: Scott Bruhn/NU Media Relations Coach Doc Sadler completed his coaching staff Friday with the addition of David Anwar as an assistant coach.

Lincoln --- Nebraska Coach Doc Sadler finalized his first Husker staff Friday as he announced that David Anwar has been hired as an assistant coach. Anwar is the third assistant hired by Sadler at Nebraska, joining Tony Benford and Philip Mathews.

“I’ve known David for several years and have worked closely with him at UTEP and at Arkansas-Fort Smith,” Sadler said. “I know that he will help us in many areas, not just recruiting and game management. He is committed to developing better players and better people, and he will make a great addition to our first staff here at Nebraska.”

Anwar, who is in his second stint as an assistant coach under Sadler, comes to the Huskers after spending the last two seasons in El Paso, where he served as the Miners’ director of operations. Anwar was responsible for the team budget, scheduling, practice management and oversaw the administrative staff.

Before joining the UTEP program, Anwar served as an assistant coach at Arkansas-Fort Smith for four seasons, including the final three under Sadler. Anwar had on-court and practice responsibilities and also served as the recruiting coordinator. Arkansas-Fort Smith earned a 101-29 record with Anwar on the bench, including a pair of top-seven national finishes in 2001 (fifth) and 2002 (seventh).

“I’m excited to be in Lincoln and appreciate the opportunity to be back on the sideline with Coach Sadler,” Anwar said. “I’ve worked side-by-side with him for several years and understand what he is trying to accomplish both on and off the court. He helps his players achieve the highest standards possible and that will only continue as the University of Nebraska has all the tools to help us reach our goals.”

Anwar has helped several programs earn a successful record of academic success, including helping more than 20 players move on to four-year schools from Arkansas-Fort Smith. Earlier in his career, he helped more than 40 high school and prep players earn a spot on a Division I or II roster while serving as a coach at Lutheran Christian Academy (Pa.) two seasons and a year at Notre Dame Prep (Mass.).

A native of Philadelphia, Anwar earned a bachelor’s degree in special education and sociology from Fitchburg State in 1998 and added a master’s degree in sports management/sports leadership from Virginia Commonwealth in 2004.

Read more: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=590729