Most ignorant smart people...go to SMU.

JRock

The only thing I enjoyed about that was the metaphor of North Texas being a "macho native Texan"

• Upvote 3

I agree with 97. I no longer care about what goes on in Pony land. I don't support them. I don't have any connections to them. As far as I'm concerned, they are not relevant to anything we do. Any interactions with SMU fans/students have left me shaking my head in disbelief at the arrogance, haughtiness, and pretentiousness they portray. In fact, we could cancel the whole football series coming up and I'd be just fine with it. Not sure why we even consider them a rival excluding geography. Aren't rivals supposed to have a healthy mix of hate and RESPECT? I don't respect their collective attitude and would rather not even be associated with them. Just my thoughts. GMG!

• Upvote 1

The only thing I enjoyed about that was the metaphor of North Texas being a "macho native Texan"

yea other than it was clearly a fake forum member pretending to be an SMU student and it was sniffed out in about 10 seconds.....that and the last university anyone on earth would mistake for macho Texan would be unT

• Downvote 8

I agree with 97. I no longer care about what goes on in Pony land. I don't support them. I don't have any connections to them. As far as I'm concerned, they are not relevant to anything we do. Any interactions with SMU fans/students have left me shaking my head in disbelief at the arrogance, haughtiness, and pretentiousness they portray. In fact, we could cancel the whole football series coming up and I'd be just fine with it. Not sure why we even consider them a rival excluding geography. Aren't rivals supposed to have a healthy mix of hate and RESPECT? I don't respect their collective attitude and would rather not even be associated with them. Just my thoughts. GMG!

I love to hate them and hope we continue our upcoming series for eternity. Dickey beat them and Dodge should have beaten them. I hope Mac smacks them around for years to come leaving them with nothing but empty wealth-related insults to throw at us. I want scoreboard.

• Upvote 2

Just found this. Not sure how accurate this is, but hey I'll post anything that shows us above SMU after what I just read.

http://www.4icu.org/us/Texas.htm

SMU did edge The University of Texas at Dallas

They base their rankings on the popularity of the school's website. While I tend to agree with their assertion that college rankings have become over used and unreliable. To rank according to website popularity is asinine.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 2

yea other than it was clearly a fake forum member pretending to be an SMU student and it was sniffed out in about 10 seconds.....that and the last university anyone on earth would mistake for macho Texan would be unT

Seriously, go away. Go climb a crane or something.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Great. Now we'll be graced with GL2G's 3 page diatribe about how it is, in fact, too soon.

Or about how a crane on SMU's campus is more desireable than a crane on UNT's Campus, or that we have a jealousy of SMU's cranes because we aren't good enough to climb their cranes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1