Brock Berglund: UNT or FIU?

Harry

If he chooses to play for the Mean Green and is as motivated as it appears the rest of the roster is under McCarney's watch, this would be a very good pickup for the Mean Green. Quite frankly, the way our o-line is shaping up these days, it may be a great time to be a QB for the Mean Green. We just need some continued improvement from the WR and TE positions. I think the RB's will be very functional(maybe even better as a group) in the post Lance Dunbar era.... ok, maybe I'm a bit drunk from cool-aid, but it really does seem like a place that a QB can step in a be successful in the post DT era. Given that he buys in and works his tail off in the classroom and on the field here.

I can't really compare UNT to FIU as far as a good place for a QB to come in, but I think we've got a lot of selling points right now....for a QB to come in here.

• Upvote 3

We really need to land him. Also need a pretty good HS QB to go along with

Badly.

DT is a warrior but is a middle of the pack QB. Sadly, it's a huge drop from there. This kid either comes in and starts over DT as a RS Soph. or backs him up and still has 2 yrs. There is even a chance that it's ruled that his year at KU doesn't even count as I'm not sure he ever even practiced with the Jawhawks.

• Downvote 1

First an off-field incident. Then he gets kicked off team for missing a meeting. If he was expendable at Kansas, which is not exactly USC, why would we want to build our team around him? It's not like he was a 5 star player. He is a 3 star player. Wy not find another 3 star player with less baggage?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First an off-field incident. Then he gets kicked off team for missing a meeting. If he was expendable at Kansas, which is not exactly USC, why would we want to build our team around him? It's not like he was a 5 star player. He is a 3 star player. Wy not find another 3 star player with less baggage?

The kid got into a fight defending his GF and the dude decided to press charges and sue. It happens. He doen'st have a track record of arrests or violence. He had to sit out most of the year taking care of the legal issues.

I have never heard a story of him being kicked off the team for missing a team meeting. In fact the only stories I've heard is that he asked for a transfer after a coaching change and KU bringing in 2 highly rated transfers. KU then would not release him of his scholarship. So that seems to be far off from being kicked off the team.

And please tell me the last time we've had such a highly rated QB prospect chose NT. Kids like this are not your typical QB.

So he's making a decision sometime in the next 5 days? I think it's a win-win for everyone involved. Denton is close to his parents, they can come see him play, can also catch games @ UTEP and Tulsa quite easily. He'll also upgrade the position immediately where as at FIU it would be tough to surpass Medlock. I don't know about you guys, but when I envision this kid in Canales' offense I get giddy, he is the perfect QB for our system.

Edited by ntmeangreen11

So he's making a decision sometime in the next 5 days? I think it's a win-win for everyone involved. Denton is close to his parents, they can come see him play, can also catch games @ UTEP and Tulsa quite easily. He'll also upgrade the position immediately where as at FIU it would be tough to surpass Medlock. I don't know about you guys, but when I envision this kid in Canales' offense I get giddy, he is the perfect QB for our system.

I agree giddy fits the profile quite nicely.

GMG