New Coaching Hires Ranked: Benford #4

Harry

#4 North Teas' Tony Benford

A former Texas Tech player, Tony Benford has kicked all around the country as an assistant. He's had stints at New Mexico, Arizona State, Nebraska and Marquette, where he's spent the last four years as Buzz Williams' top assistant.

Benford's recruiting touch is well-regarded, and the proof is in the pros. Benford has recruited and coached eight players who went on to be NBA draft picks, five of them first-rounders.

Benford should get to add another pro to that list when Tony Mitchell declares for the draft, probably in 2013. Mitchell pondered bolting after Johnny Jones left for LSU, but decided to stay and rekindle a relationship that began when Benford tried to recruit Mitchell to Marquette.

Mitchell's return makes UNT a favorite to win the Sun Belt in its final year before leaving for Conference USA.

North Texas returns its top seven scorers from last season and adds 6'9", 250-pound junior college center Keith Coleman, whose bulk will be essential to free Mitchell up to roam the wing.

Benford's pedigree will serve him well when he needs to restock the roster, and the raised profile of UNT basketball under Jones will help even more.

Read more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1185461-frank-martin-college-basketballs-new-coaching-hires-ranked/page/13

Oh your right...you are much more intelligent then the people who run a sucseful web cite... Where is your web cite again? So I can checkout it's greatness? After all a lot of people on here seem to be a god at something. I'm waiting to see their success...

We could all write for Bleacher Report. I'm not even being critical. Their whole thing is reader generated content. I wrote an article for them about 6 years ago when they first were getting up and running. Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Oh your right...you are much more intelligent then the people who run a sucseful web cite... Where is your web cite again? So I can checkout it's greatness? After all a lot of people on here seem to be a god at something. I'm waiting to see their success...

Never said I was more intelligent. I'm just saying the Bleacher Report has a reputation for getting things wrong, like our stadium and our current helmet, when they ranked them earlier this year. As far as my success... I hold a few degrees, support my family and some people even think I have a little talent too. I'll post some pictures of what I do by next fooball season. Maybe I'll even build a website by then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1