One Bowl too many.

With the B1G and PAC 12 claiming squatter's rights to the Rose Bowl and the SEC and B12 eyeing the Sugar Bowl, there might be a simple solution. Here's the issue a four team play off doesn't require four bowl games only three. So who loses out. The Fiesta, The Orange, The Rose or the Sugar. The Rose Bowl has been tied to the PAC 12 and the B1G. The Sugar Bowl has always tied to the SEC champion. There is a simple solution. The Rose Bowl returns to the PAC 12 and B1G. The Sugar Bowl belongs to the SEC and the Big 12. The Cotton Bowl becomes the third playoff bowl and rotates with the Fiesta and the Orange Bowl for the National championship.

I would like to see...

Sugar Bowl = designated playoff bowl hosting the SEC champ should they be in the top four.

Cotton Bowl = Big 12 #1 vs SEC West #1

Chick Fil A Bowl = ACC #1 vs SEC East

I know were locals and we love Jerry World, but DFW has crappy New Year's weather.

I would like to see...

Sugar Bowl = designated playoff bowl hosting the SEC champ should they be in the top four.

Cotton Bowl = Big 12 #1 vs SEC West #1

Chick Fil A Bowl = ACC #1 vs SEC East

I know were locals and we love Jerry World, but DFW has crappy New Year's weather.

It's a Dome.

A bowl is about so much more than the on-field event though. Events in the days prior, pep rallies, parades, etc. And you've gotta factor in traffic conditions getting to/from the game.

It's a football game, not a shuttle launch. The last Bowl game I was at was Sun Bowl. It was below zero, snow, and roving blackouts. Every palm tree in town died, sad. It was still sold out and the beer still flowed like wine. If you can't have a bowl game at possibly the greatest stadium ever built, then what's the point? It's not like Dallas is like Chicago or Green Bay when it comes to bad weather. The events prior to the game are mostly in doors anyway, but seriously, screw the nonsense before the ball game. No one goes to see the fat kid with the tuba in a parade anyway. Well, maybe his folks.