UNT regents to consider extension for Villarreal tomorrow

Harry

gallery_1_90_280673.jpg

The UNT board of regents will consider a contract extension for Rick Villarreal tomorrow.

The exact parameters of the proposal are not available, but the deal would tack on an additional 18 months to Villarreal's contract.

The deal would keep Villarreal under contract until Feb. 28, 2017.

Read more: http://meangreenblog...r-extens-1.html

He's done so much, this doesn't surprise me. I know people have a lot of problems with RV for a lot of different reasons... some of them quite trivial. But you have to admit he has done so much for this university. Except for that football head coach decision a few years ago.

• Upvote 6

But not completely his fault. Until the admin stepped up with a pay increase for coaches, we never could attract a good head coach.

Can't give RV credit for the Mac hire and turn around and sahy he isn't responsible for the Dodge hire.

Not the way it works.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Can't give RV credit for the Mac hire and turn around and sahy he isn't responsible for the Dodge hire.

Not the way it works.

Quite true. The only net positive about the Dodge hire was it helped change the pay scale for a head football coach at NT. The initial publicity splash was killed by the results.

Next time someone here suggests we need to take a big risk to get a big reward, please remember Todd Dodge and big risks very, very often fail. Hence the term "big risk."

• Upvote 1

Bring in baseball in the next two years.

Spoke to someone high up in the athletic office who shall remain nameless, but they told me that baseball in less than 5 years will 100% happen, but many internally are pushing for (and expecting) it to happen in the next two.

Said the original plan for the field to be across Bonnie Brae from Apogee is still a possibility, but there are also considerations for a whole baseball facility with multiple practice fields, which would cause them to have to build elsewhere.

Good things.

• Upvote 2

Not the way it works.

Totally agree. I know our pay was terrible and our stadium was one of the worst in CFB but he still could have brought a coach that was college experienced and ready and the line still would have formed to the left. It's still a high profile job as there was just a 120 of those in the country at the time at least.

• Upvote 1

The 'stache gets a contract extension and huge raise but Rick doesn't?

I'm out if the 'stache starts its own "World's Most Interesting Man" type commercials.

It never has to be trimmed because it stopped growing when it reached the perfect length. It strains soup without getting damp. Its shade of salt and pepper changes to complement whatever RV is wearing. It exudes the smell of potential North Texas victory. It intimidates other facial hair, so RV never has to shave. It is...the most interesting mustache in the world.

"I don't always warm lips, but when I do, I warm lips that are cheering for North Texas. Stay Green, my friends."

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3