Where did everyone live?

Well,

I lived in 4 places during my time at UNT

1.) Sig Ep House. Interestingly enough this no longer exists. It is now a scenic parking lot. Good times here though.

2.) Sierra Apartments. This too, is scheduled to be demolished as a part of the UNT master plan.

3.) Eagle's landing Apartments. Well, this was by far my favorite place to live. Sort of like the "Melrose Place" of UNT at the time. Great walking distance to Fouts!

4.) Maple St. Apartments. Not too bad, good location, but too spread out and impersonal.

Edited by Stan R

Kerr Hall - 5th Floor

Before my time someone had painted a very large mural of a group of vicious looking dogs trying to break out of a dog pound on the wall facing the elevators, hence we called the 5th floor "The Dog Pound". After I left, the ladies took over that wing of Kerr. I came back a year or so later to visit a friend and the mural had been painted over...pink no less. Bummer.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Here's today's history lesson:

Lived one semester in the western dorm which was new at the time and avoided the dreaded Quadrangle (I hear laughing in the background.) Then a stream of off campus apartments, many of which have been bulldozed for campus expansion. Several garage apartments were great. Also the famous one above Voertmans and dry cleaner who was next door at that time.

UNT has grown so much I would have trouble finding them although I plan to come back and scout them (kinda like an archeology expedition.) I had fantastic times there and hold those thoughts with a lot of love for people and places there.

I'm talking about when you could drive right up to the front of the Admin building, when there was a small pool of water near the old auditorium, and when the student union building was a wooden building. (Talking about 1957-Jan 1960)

smile.gif

For undergrad, I lived two years in Kendall Hall and two years in College Inn. (Through various on campus jobs, also lived in Kerr, Maple, Clark, or Crumley during some of my summers). When I went back to graduate school, lived in Raintree Apts. and eventually Fannin Place Condos.

Now back on Campus at Maple Hall (Wife is a Hall Director) biggrin.gif

What's it like to live in one of the director apartments? When I lived in the dorm, from what I could tell, the director apartments appeared large.

I lived in Crumley and then a furnished apartment in Cement City. I loved that apartment. The view was awful, but the apartment building had a swimming pool. It was a two story apartment so it seemed really spacious.

I had lots of fun there. Crumley wasn't bad, though. Back then it was called "the home of grace and culture". Funny what you remember!

OK, let's go back to the mid-'60's at North Texas. Fall of 1964 to be exact.

-West Dormitory - god that place was awful back then. But I did meet many great guys, some of whom I later roomed with or partied with. And sometimes studied. rolleyes.gif

-Curry House on Mullberry Street - it's called something else now. Ed and Gloria Curry are still living. They were great landlords. Great times and fond memories. cool.gif

-Oak Apartments - they sould have been bulldozed way back then.

-Plantation House-great apartments back in those days. Not many were better than the Plantation. Great memories.

After graduation, off to the Army(drafted 3 months after getting my degree), and then lived in Viet Nam for almost 14 months. wink.gif Not much fun.

Now I live in Port Neches, Tx, with wife and three daughters. Oldest daughter of the three lives and works in Fort Worth.

Edited by DeepGreen

Guest JohnDenver

* Westin Place (old Villa West complex) -- great fun. Lived with art majors who drank too much red wine. I was as shy computer geek, helped me breakout a little.

* Fulton Place Apartments -- good place for a good price. Too bad Place to Be apartments are the anti-christ.

* Westin Place -- so much fun the first time, I had to go back. This time wasn't so great.

* House on Parkway -- lived with 4 other guys. Apex of my college career.

* House on Bryan St -- great old house... close to the bars. I could moonwalk home in 2 minutes.

Clark Hall -- Third floor. Had a great time there.

Campus Square apartments -- Oh lord. I am glad I made it out alive! But it was cool to sit on the porch and watch the ceramic students get high and fire the wood kiln at night.

Barry Place -- Eagle Dr. Beer store next door, IOOF cemetary across the street. Made for some great parties.

House on Azalea in Denia -- I would have loved softball chicks running around and a football stadium nearby.

Seeya,

Shane

Apts. on Sam Bass Blvd. - I can't remember their name...they're behind the Outback Steakhouse now...it wasn't there when I lived there.

Colorado Courts Apts - on Colorado, over by the GT Mall...nicest apts I had ever lived in (up to then)...had a couple of ponds that the complex was built around...it was great doing my homework on the porch and watching the ducks in the pond and the afternoon showers.

Duplex on Bernard St - on the other side of 35E from the campus, by the old Mr. Freeze and Piggly Wiggly store.

Cabernet Apts - Fulton St near the old Flow Hospital...walking distance to campus...relatively quiet...funnest times were shooting water balloons with friends at unsuspecting drivers on Scripture ph34r.gif

Fall / Spring 94-95 Kerr Hall, A tower, Room 635 (until I was kicked out) spent most time at OX house

Spring / Summer 95 Ramsgate (until we were kicked out) spent most time at OX house

95-96 Trailer park on Ft Worth Drive (oh the shame)

96-97 Townhome on Olympia (near TWU)

97-99 Westwind on Sam Bass --best place I lived in Denton (graduated in 98)

SoundMan, you live on a farm!?!? Thats cool. I bet you know how to throw the parties. I guess you will have to take over for Ramsgate......

actually, the first party is in the works now, the guy whose land it is is going out of town in a few weeks for liek a month, trying to get some bands finalized and the such looking at like the 2nd or 3rd week of school