SIGNED - 2012 JUCO - Keith Coleman - 6'10" C

Not impressed initially with this recruit. (From video) Seems to be a reserve caliber post on a team without a post. Missing Odoh already! Hopefully Benford want continue to exaggerate some of his recruits. Hardwick is fine but we are not a very small point guard away from being a very good team.

http://www.ihigh.com/mcc/broadcast_209276.html?silverlight=1

He is a solid big. All we need on this team. hardwik is a bit puzzling I would have rather had a 6'8" big man....

• Upvote 2

So..... He can dunk with no one around him?

Not saying he can't play, but ths clip really doesn't show anything. The full video did not impress. Just sayin....

I wouldn't put too much stock in want one video clip. Remember the guy visited and played with Mitchell and co. The eye test is much more important. I think it's a good sign, this late in the game. Also, apparently, Mitchell really thinks he can play, at least that was alleged.

The flip side of all this is any kid playing the 3 or 5 around Mitchell is probably going to look pretty damn good.

Can you imagine how much fun it is for these guys to ball with Tony? He probably makes the game so much easier/more fluid for them.

Agree, I will be happy if he can block shots, defend and rebound. I think Benford runs a spread motion type offense, he will get plenty of opportunites to score off dribble penentration from the guards and wings.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Sad to see Forrest go. I think he had a TON of potential. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Not sold at all on Coleman. He appeared to have Forrest's aggresiveness minus the hurt ankle and an oppposite weight problem (very slow up and down the court) in the clip that was posted.

Benford seems to disagree, and I'm sure he is just a tad bit more qualified than I in basketball talent evaluation.

Maybe..