Men's golf seeding - 5 seed

http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/team/static/team3424.html

We are the 5 seed playing in Bowling Green, KY - hosted by Western Kentucky

Top 5 in each region move on to NCAA championships. Seems like we have a real shot. I put their national rankings in parenthesis.

1. UCLA (4)

2. Arkansas (6)

3. Texas A&M [big 12 Conference] (15)

4. Clemson (19)

5. North Texas [sun Belt Conference] (33)

6. Chattanooga [southern Conference]

7. Memphis [Conference USA]

8. Virginia Tech

9. Northwestern

10. Iowa State

11. Colorado State

12. Jacksonville State [Ohio Valley Conference]

13. Pennsylvania [The Ivy League]

14. Alabama State [southwestern Athletic Conference]

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.olde-stone.com/Golf/Olde-Stone-Club-Course-Tour/1.aspx

This course seems to have taken a page out of the C.B. MacDonald design playbook...pretty open design with the terrain, wind and strategical bunkering forming the major hazards. Also, if you get a chance to play one of his designs (or, I've heard, his tribute at the Old MacDonald course in Oregon) it's well worth the cost...Yale is top 3 for me.

I'm assuming this is a 3-day?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eagle at the 331yd 14th...http://www.olde-ston...se-Tour/14.aspx...wonder if he challenged the pond or holed-out a wedge.

My guess is he holed the wedge. Flying the pond is a balllllllllllsy shot when you're the only player on the team keeping the thing above water.

Still early in the day but Ty's got a two stroke lead on the field after than eagle.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

My guess is he holed the wedge. Flying the pond is a balllllllllllsy shot when you're the only player on the team keeping the thing above water.

Still early in the day but Ty's got a two stroke lead on the field after than eagle.

Maybe...but he likely doesn't know what his teammates are doing...like Carlos getting things back to even. We really need Rudolfo to get it going.

Also, maybe my question was missed, but is this a 3-day tournament?

• Upvote 1

Maybe...but he likely doesn't know what his teammates are doing...like Carlos getting things back to even. We really need Rudolfo to get it going.

Also, maybe my question was missed, but is this a 3-day tournament?

I'm fairly certain its a 3 day.

If Curtis can settle things down on the back 9 we could easily take the lead into day 2 of this thing.

Roets birdies the par 4 #1(his 10th hole of the day due to shotgun start.) Moving the overall store to -3 alone in 2nd place.

Edited by Green P1

I'm fairly certain its a 3 day.

If Curtis can settle things down on the back 9 we could easily take the lead into day 2 of this thing.

Curtis's score is getting dropped right now...love for him to get it going, but his score is pretty inconsequential right now. Carlos and Rudolfo are the squad's back-bone and need to give Ty a bit more support.

• Upvote 1

Curtis's score is getting dropped right now...love for him to get it going, but his score is pretty inconsequential right now. Carlos and Rudolfo are the squad's back-bone and need to give Ty a bit more support.

You're right that it's being dropped but I don't think you can think of it as inconsequential. Should Rudolfo not pick up his pace on the back 9 it's be nice to have as score around +3 to plunk in there.

3 stroke lead now. We're the only team under par on the course.