Notre Dame Cleats

UNTflyer

Sweet shoes! I wonder who is paying if they only wear them for one game? Should be interesting to see the crowd for this game. There is, in fact, a pretty good fan following for college football in Ireland, England and in parts of Europe. There are several "football clubs" developing and several US rules football associations. So, this is not too far out there are a game "event". But, why go to the trouble? You would have to ask ND and Navy that. For me, I'd love to be there in the stands to see this game!

GO NAVY!!!!!!!

Edit: Why doeas this thing bold they type? I just must learn more about this new website configuration...sorry folks...I really am not yelling this morning. :angel:

Edited by KRAM1

I think back in the day, Notre Dame mattered to Catholics. So they had fans from all over the nation who maybe did not go to college. Couple that with some great teams, and they grew a gigantic fanbase.

Maybe it being a Catholic school still matters for some of those old people, but that generation is going to die out, and Notre Dame will join the ranks of SMU, Pepperdine, and all of the other religious schools... Unless people continue to feed the hype monster.

I think back in the day, Notre Dame mattered to Catholics. So they had fans from all over the nation who maybe did not go to college. Couple that with some great teams, and they grew a gigantic fanbase.

Maybe it being a Catholic school still matters for some of those old people, but that generation is going to die out, and Notre Dame will join the ranks of SMU, Pepperdine, and all of the other religious schools... Unless people continue to feed the hype monster.

ND is still very popular in certain parts of the country, and that includes young people. The Chicago area probably has more fans of ND than any other college, even though actual alumni are few and far between. And with all the losing they've done in recent years, ND is still ranked the #2 most valuable team in college football, behind only Texas.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45el/2-university-of-notre-dame-fighting-irish/#gallerycontent

Well, if you think ND still...to this day...and with lots of young people as well as "old"...is still not VERY popular and very well supported you are simply not informed. To compare the popularity of ND with an SMU and/or Pepperdine is just not being aware of what ND is to this day to lots of folks. Perhaps you don't travel much, but if you did you would notice...especially during the football season. What I will agree with is that many of the ND fans have lost some of their swagger after a several few down years in FB and BB, but they are there...let the FB team once again compete yearly for the national title and you'll realize what the "score" with these folks is all about. Do not let the record in FB over the last 6-7 years cloud your view of ND's popularity with a pretty good chunk of folks.

Am I a ND fan, nope, but know several and know they are as ardent today as they they can be,....and they are indoctrinating their young with the ND "stuff" as well.....

Cool kicks, if you're into blatant pandering to Irish Catholics. To which I'm completely indifferent. I'll be rooting for America, that day. As I am every day. May the bald eagle of freedom e'er soar, higher and higher. Such majestic beauty. So glorious. So free.

• Upvote 4

Well, if you think ND still...to this day...and with lots of young people as well as "old"...is still not VERY popular and very well supported you are simply not informed. To compare the popularity of ND with an SMU and/or Pepperdine is just not being aware of what ND is to this day to lots of folks. Perhaps you don't travel much, but if you did you would notice...especially during the football season. What I will agree with is that many of the ND fans have lost some of their swagger after a several few down years in FB and BB, but they are there...let the FB team once again compete yearly for the national title and you'll realize what the "score" with these folks is all about. Do not let the record in FB over the last 6-7 years cloud your view of ND's popularity with a pretty good chunk of folks.

Am I a ND fan, nope, but know several and know they are as ardent today as they they can be,....and they are indoctrinating their young with the ND "stuff" as well.....

I'm certainly not saying that ND is only as popular, or are in the same atmosphere, as SMU or Pepperdine. I'm just saying that is where they could be headed 20 - 30 years from now. The only thing that would save them would be your second bolded statement, or the continued hype they receive. The hype dies down when they lose. If they lose long enough it will diminish significantly, i.e.: no more NBC contract. I wonder if there are any ratings numbers for their games for the past 10 years.

But, if the old guys keep passing it down to their young, then maybe it continues. Who the heck knows.

Cool kicks, if you're into blatant pandering to Irish Catholics. To which I'm completely indifferent. I'll be rooting for America, that day. As I am every day. May the bald eagle of freedom e'er soar, higher and higher. Such majestic beauty. So glorious. So free.

Just brought a tear to this God fearing young man's eye.

• Upvote 1