ROLL CALL! UNT Four-City Celebration Tour Starts this Week

Harry

DENTON, Texas- The North Texas athletics department will begin a four-city tour to help celebrate the historical announcement that the Mean Green will compete as a member of Conference USA in all sports beginning in 2013. This event will be held in conjunction with the previously-scheduled Coaches Caravan which was already scheduled to make stops in Dallas, Plano and Ft. Worth in addition to the kickoff event in Denton Tuesday, May 8.

In addition to the Conference USA news, this will be the first time that fans, alumni and the general public will have a chance to meet the newest members of the Mean Green head coaching family. New men's basketball coach Tony Benford has been in Denton for less than two weeks and is already making news. New head women's basketball coach Mike Petersen came to North Texas after a successful career as the head coach at Wake Forrest. In addition to head football coach Dan McCarney, all three will be at each tour stop to socialize with guests.

Each tour stop will feature family-friendly activities with special guests including Scrappy, and members of the cheer and dance teams. The events are FREE and open to the public. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided, and a cash bar will be available.The tour schedule is listed below.

To RSVP for each event, please contact Jessica Hulsebosch at (940) 369-7284 or e-mail at Jessica.Hulsebosch@unt.edu

May 8th 6-8 PM

Denton

Apogee Stadium/Club Level

1251 S. Bonnie Brae St.

Denton, TX 76207

May 10th 6-8 PM

Dallas

Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

5410 LBJ Freeway

Dallas, TX 75240

May 15th 6-8 PM

Plano

Park Place Lexus Plano

1025 Preston Road

Plano, Texas 75093

May 16th 6-8 PM

Fort Worth

River Ranch Stockyards

500 NE 23rd Street

Fort Worth, TX 76164

Read more: http://www.meangreen...623grk.facebook

I would recommend for those of you that can make it, to attend these. They are a lot of fun, and considering the timing of these just following the announcement of the move to C-USA, it couldn't be better. Probably the nicest one I attended last year was at Park Place Lexus in Plano. Jordan and his people had great drinks, outstanding hors d'oeuvres and some music to boot. If you can make it up there next week, I would highly suggest it!

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

See everyone in Denton this evening! Can't wait...this will be a great evening to celebrate with members of the Mean Green Nation. So many great things happening...couldn't miss the celebration!

Cooper Jones (not the TE) estimated ~300 people. About 1/3 had to stand because all the tables filled up. Great food with a carving station. Cash bar. Free C-USA t-shirts. Door prizes. Pep band sounded great. UNT cheerleaders and dancers were in the house. The coaches were comical and inspiring. I had a great time and look forward to the next 3.

Rick did a good job as MC, but I miss the Jubinator.

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed tonight's event. I was great to catch up with RV and meet the new coaches. I told Coach Mac I could see why he talks about Margie all the time!

It has not been mentioned yet, but Coach Peterson is a great speaker, better than Mac!

I really enjoyed listening to Coach Peterson.....I have not followed women's basketball before but he has me fired up to start going to their games!

• Upvote 1

Here is what the t-shirts looked like that they gave out. I'm not sure if they will be giving them out at the remaining stops too, but I'm guessing so. The green is the right green...it just looks darker in the picture.

gallery_3776_23_1580082.jpg

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2