It's Official: UNT to CUSA Press Conference on Friday!

Harry

gallery_1_23_10023.jpg

North Texas Athletics Media Advisory

What: Press Conference to Announce Future of Mean Green Athletics

When: Friday, May 4 at 3:30 p.m.

Where: Bill Mercer Press Club on 5th floor of Apogee Stadium – University of North Texas

Who: University President V. Lane Rawlins and Director of Athletics Rick Villarreal

One point of clarification on this that I received from UNT, this is a media only event and there will be a fan celebration on Tuesday at 6:30PM. So mark your calendars for Tuesday it should be a big party!

Click here to view the article

I expect Ole' Ricky V to be sittin on a stool and when the time comes, he looks at the camera and says,

'Umm... in 2013... man this is very tough... In 2013, we are going to be taking our talents to Conference USA and leaving the Sun-Belt'

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

One point of clarification on this that I received from UNT, this is a media only event and there will be a fan celebration on Tuesday at 6:30PM. So mark your calendars for Tuesday it should be a big party!

Meh on it being a media only event.

Why can't we have the celebration Friday? It makes the most sense and some of us worked to clear our calendars for Friday because of the anticipated announcement.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

Looks like the "fun" will be part of the Tuesday Coaches caravan that starts at 6PM on Tuesday the 8th. I think this is a great idea...we know it's a done deal anyway, so let's let the out of town folks drive up/down to Denton only once and make it a bigger event than it would have been as so many folks are working on Friday's at the appointed time.

I appreciate the AD folks setting it up this way...this is going to be fun folks...see you Tuesday!

And, if you are not a member of the Mean green Club or have not renewed your Mean Green Club membership as yet...bring your checkbook and/or credit card!

Edited by KRAM1