Just listened to the Texas State Presser

Harry

Is it just me or did the Texas State AD seem on the defensive? I hate to see that and the easy way around it is to say look the WAC was the best we could do at the time and now in hindsight it turns out it wasn't. Why can't people just be honest and not always be trying to cover their ass? I think he may have oversold the WAC and now is having to spin the Belt which is a shame because the Belt is a good league and will be both tough and good long term for Texas State.

I understand the circumstances with UTSA getting the CUSA invite made it complicated but they are trying to have their cake and eat it too. I hate that the Sun Belt has to deal with a team that isn't excited about joining.

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/podcasts.aspx?podcast=70

Is it just me or did the Texas State AD seem on the defensive? I hate to see that and the easy way around it is to say look the WAC was the best we could do at the time and now in hindsight it turns out it wasn't. Why can't people just be honest and not always be trying to cover their ass? I think he may have oversold the WAC and now is having to spin the Belt which is a shame because the Belt is a good league and will be both tough and good long term for Texas State.

I understand the circumstances with UTSA getting the CUSA invite made it complicated but they are trying to have their cake and eat it too. I hate that the Sun Belt has to deal with a team that isn't excited about joining.

What I thought was interesting was that they tried to compare how competitive C-USA and the Sun Belt were against each other. I felt that was an attempt to show the fan base "See?! We joined a good conference!!"

• Upvote 1

Texas State AD is catching a lot of flack on the Belt board. Generally felt that he screwed up the presser.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=568073

• Upvote 2

I loved his comment about how the Sun Belt hasn't had a team go to a major bowl yet and Texas State could "carry that torch"..nice way to earn the respect of a new conference Teis.

Cant quite pin his level of sincerity, but it sounds more like sour grapes than appreciation. He is very confident, but I cant see TSU playing for a BCS Bowl anytime soon. He also mentioned the lower end football teams are leaving the Belt, so TSU will be in a league of better quality teams. Last I looked, ALL of the other teams in the Belt are improving. Even WKU is making strides. In his small bit of defense, TSU does have Coach Fran and Coach Dickey, and each had big league success. Confidence does come from within, but competing isnt the same thing as winning, ask Todd Dodge. Teis then made it sound like TSU is a victim of re-allignment? I have a problem with that one, and so should their fans and alums. The message he sends to them should be to SELL the SunBelt, not SETTLE for the SunBelt. He should also talk to his O.C. about making statements that could come back to bite him. My humble advice..

Shut it, and be thankful you arent stuck in the WAC.

GMG!!!

• Upvote 1

Cant quite pin his level of sincerity, but it sounds more like sour grapes than appreciation. He is very confident, but I cant see TSU playing for a BCS Bowl anytime soon. He also mentioned the lower end football teams are leaving the Belt, so TSU will be in a league of better quality teams. Last I looked, ALL of the other teams in the Belt are improving. Even WKU is making strides. In his small bit of defense, TSU does have Coach Fran and Coach Dickey, and each had big league success. Confidence does come from within, but competing isnt the same thing as winning, ask Todd Dodge. Teis then made it sound like TSU is a victim of re-allignment? I have a problem with that one, and so should their fans and alums. The message he sends to them should be to SELL the SunBelt, not SETTLE for the SunBelt. He should also talk to his O.C. about making statements that could come back to bite him. My humble advice..

Shut it, and be thankful you arent stuck in the WAC.

GMG!!!

If he is so upset then they should just stay in the WAC .... Oh wait there is no WAC after 2012-13 Season.

Take your unhappy ass back to Southland mr. ego

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What I took from this was he stated that the Sun Belt was losing lower level schools and the upper level was staying intact. Really? He also states that it will be a good place for TSU-SM to become competitive. They weren't competitive in the Southland, so good luck with that. Honestly, after listening to this and reading all the stuff out of San Antonio, I would just assume both TSU-SM and UTSA either go to the Belt or head back to the Southland. Not impressed with how either has handled this. I hope TSU-SM gets their asses handed to them in every game this year.

• Upvote 1

http://www.txstatebo...aspx?podcast=70

Sounds like TSU-SM wanted a few scoops of ice cream with that cake, too, Harry.

If anyone has read the TSU-SM board over the years, it is more than blatantly obvious which Texas-based university located in the northern part of Texas that they perceive themselves catching up to and passing. For the moment, they do have a lead in endowment coffers, but a few of the right investments or Big Donors (like from our fellow alum in SE Asia) can change that part dramatically.

We have no reason to diss the SBC. Saying we want to advance is not dissing the SBC. It met our needs at a time we needed it to meet our needs. And anyone tell me which Belt school wouldn't have jumped at the same opportunity FIU and UNT have received from CUSA?

GMG!

ADDENDUM: Just listened to the TSU-SM podcast with their AD and I ask this of NT Exes and MG fans: After you listen to that steaming pile of bobcat manure with some of his obviously condescending statements about "the bottom part of the SBC going to CUSA"; so some of you still want to hold hands, sing kum bah yah and make TSU-SM a regular on any of our varsity schedules?

I did not like what I heard from this NCAA FCS level AD whose school has yet to play one NCAA FBS matchup as an FBS school at all.

Up yours, Texas State! :ass: We have much bigger fish to fry than helping you try to become the next North Texas at our expense! :growl:

I defer to the score listed below the green lettered sentence that shows TSU-SM has quite a long ways to go before they quite arrive.

PS: Sorry to those who actually finished this rant, but the Irish part of me comes out from time to time. Yet I detest those who can be condescending without having any earthly reason or record of accomplishment to be so.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They should shut the hell up and be happy they got a spot in the SBC. Yes, the belt perception sucks, but the perception, strike thtat, reality of the Texas St football program is that they are an under .500 team in the lag 5 years a freaking FSC conference.

Stop acting like you have earned something you haven't (CUSA bid)

Oh, and get ready for a winless conference season in 2013.

Edited by UNT90

Is the -SM really necessary following TSU?

Are there plans I don't know about for a TSU-Dallas?

I've always heard that all the schools governed by the Texas State BOR were invited to change their names to Texas State-(city name) and most said "hell no."