New helmet for new Conf.

NT91

Did you notice that UCLA has four letters...and TULSA has five...and NORTH TEXAS has 10. Maybe, it would be better if we used just three..UNT. I kind of like the SOW idea too.

Every time a helmet/jersey thread comes up, it always reminds of how horrible our branding has been over the last 5-10 years. :thumbsd:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Give it a week. Plumm will come up with a post about the next possible wave of realignment possibilities.

A week? :fpc:

I will say that the first ones used to appear in the Letters to the Sports Editors of the Dallas Morning News, the Dallas Times-Herald and the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

I will say this now: UT will not remain in the Big 12 as long as some think, but as far as UNT is concerned I think we have found a long time home in CUSA.

Every time a helmet/jersey thread comes up, it always reminds of how horrible our branding has been over the last 5-10 years. :thumbsd:

How about the last 20? On average we change logos/brands it seems every 5 years or so. It's embarrassing.

Can we get rid of all this football uniform and helmet talk and get down to the nitty gritty???

when we move to Conference USA, I think we should have a rule that the band always has to perform in their uniforms!

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 1

I swore off responding to these types of threads, but I can't help myself....

If we ever decided to change our helmet, it has to be something different than just sticking the SOW logo on the side. That just screams bush league. I like that logo, but it doesn't belong on a helmet. Just my .02 cents.

May I ask why and what you prefer on the helmet?

May I ask why and what you prefer on the helmet?

I prefer a lot of things compared to the aforementioned helmet. I like the design that I have as my avatar. It's simple like our uniforms and carries some history of our past. I also remember a while back that someone created a helmet using just the wings of the SOW logo to look similar to Michigan's helmet. I even like that idea better.

Keeping it simple, clean, and timeless is key.

just put "NORTH TEXAS" on one side and SOW on the other. that would solve the complaints and look,well, different,or strange. it certainly would gain attention, or ridicule. this suggestion came from the University of Maryland.

Edited by wardly

pull this out of last year's helmet thread. Green on Green with White SoW and Oregon style shoulders.

People liked the helmet, but mixed reviews on the shoulders. In the end, I would probably scrap them

http://imageshack.us...s/593/gmg3.jpg/

gmg3.jpg

I think this is AWESOME!! Apparently, I'm the only one. However, I would change the green to the right shade of green, which is kelly green.

• Upvote 1

pull this out of last year's helmet thread. Green on Green with White SoW and Oregon style shoulders.

People liked the helmet, but mixed reviews on the shoulders. In the end, I would probably scrap them

gmg3.jpg

How about new cleats? You know to complete the ensemble. Perhaps something like Notre Dames Irish flag cleats.

gmg3.jpg

I like it. But, don't forget the cleats. Maybe we can do something snappy like Notre Dame's Irish Flag Cleats. Perhaps we can get more clever with texture and color like Oregon. (Yes, sarcasm!!)

Edited by Mark Gommesen

gmg3.jpg

In light of what we are seeing some Top 25 school's have with their unis this Mean Green uniform would be quite fine IMO. The wings on the shoulder pads kinda' hits you funny at first until it starts to grow on you.

If North Texas stayed with a uni and the right football helmet for more than 1 AD and/or HFC's tenure at North Texas people might start being able to identify our uniqueness at the drop of a hat (or a helmet).

GMG!

• Upvote 1

RV has even more reason to retain the "North Texas" helmet, NT is going to play a lot of new teams. I bet a lot of them and their fans will need all kinds of help identifying who they are playing.

edit: I can't believe anybody would take those statements literally, it was supposed to be a jest. Come on, can anyone believe that a team or their fans would not know who their opponent is?

Edited by GrandGreen

RV has even more reason to retain the "North Texas" helmet, NT is going to play a lot of new teams. I bet a lot of them and their fans will need all kinds of help identifying who they are playing.

IMO............"North Texas" has too many letters for a football helmet. Obviously, the more letters the smaller they have to be and it looks like even our chin straps compromises one of the letters now.

I would put "NORTH TEXAS" on the upper part of the jersey because I think the 10 letters would be just as visilble there as the helmet and the SOW...............for the helmet.

GMG!

PS: With North Texas on the upper part of the jersey you can put both words on the same line or.............North on top of Texas with larger letters for both on separate lines.

North

Texas

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1