New helmet for new Conf.

NT91

I guess since we can't have conference realignment threads anymore, we need to go back to the other old standby.

Helmet threads.

Yep. The stadium is built, all of our coaches are hired, Tony is staying, and we've got a new conference. It's about to get pretty dead around here.

• Upvote 2

I swore off responding to these types of threads, but I can't help myself....

If we ever decided to change our helmet, it has to be something different than just sticking the SOW logo on the side. That just screams bush league. I like that logo, but it doesn't belong on a helmet. Just my .02 cents.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I swore off responding to these types of threads, but I can't help myself....

If we ever decided to change our helmet, it has to be something different than just sticking the SOW logo on the side. That just screams bush league. I like that logo, but it doesn't belong on a helmet. Just my .02 cents.

Couldn't disagree more. The mock-ups that people have posted look great. What looks bush league is having "North Texas" in script on the helmets.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Couldn't disagree more. The mock-ups that people have posted look great. What looks bush league is having "North Texas" in script on the helmets.

UCLA does not agree with this post.

• Upvote 1

Forget the SOW.. time to think outside the box.

1. White Helmet with a thermometer (green mercury) at 90% full. SBC at the Bottom, and CUSA at the top.

2. Green Helmet - Eagle with a rubber glove on one hand. (it sends a subliminal message)

3. Green Helmets - block white letters on the back of RB's and WR's - "If you can read this.. your coach is pissed". Defensive Helmets - "If you can read this..dont block me".

Hope this helps?

GMG!!!

• Upvote 1

I hate uniform and helmet talk. Why do we have to change uniforms every time anything happens? We change every 3 or 4 years it seems and now we want to change every year? Can we just stick with something for awhile. I liked the way we looked this year.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:huh: UCLA has "North Texas" on their helmets?

No, but UCLA is written in Script on their helmets. Tulsa was too for a time but I think they may have changed it to the red hurricane flags.

EDIT: Tulsa is still using the Script on their helmet according to the helmet project site.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Did you notice that UCLA has four letters...and TULSA has five...and NORTH TEXAS has 10. Maybe, it would be better if we used just three..UNT. I kind of like the SOW idea too.

As long as RV is Athletic Director we will never put UNT on any uniform/helmet. It's too easy for ass hats to stick an R, C, or P in front of UNT.

• Upvote 2