We Need Coach Rob Evans!

Harry

I want to personally thank Coach Bill Foy for all of his hard work and contributions here at North Texas. Now its time to put the right assistants in place and keep the program heading in a positive direction.

I think it is just a matter of time before Coach Benford names Rob Evans his Associate Head Coach and primary assistant. From what I have learned, Evans is like a father to Benford and it would just make sense that he rejoin him at North Texas and support him in this great opportunity. I think this is a big win for us as Evans was a primary recruiter for Texas Tech during the Gerald Meyers days of success and went on to lead Mississippi to the NCAA tourney as a head coach. Evans is currently at TCU and he is known as a fantastic coach and recruiter and would quickly earn the respect of the entire team. Both SMU and TCU would love to have Evans but from what I hear Evans left as head coach at Arizona State because the AD stabbed him in the back and as part of the exit he received a LOT of zero's in his check so for him its not all about the money. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Coach Evans will take this job because I think he could really help us build something special here! GMG

I think we need to bring Vic Trilli back to join the staff. He was probably the best recruiter we have ever had by selling kids on the fact that we would be joining Conference USA. What a visionary. Vic would get the school and recruits excited about joining the SEC within the next few years.

A good opportunity for Foy:

http://www.hoopdirt.com/job/20fabcaf/head-coach-trinity-valley-community-college-full-t/

Edited by Cooley

I got the impression Trilli and RV didn't leave on a good note. Even if we wanted him, I could see Trilli's pride stepping in.

I think Cooley has had his tongue planted firmly in cheek for some of his recent posts.

Just like KRAM and Lifer occasionally working blue, or Harry and Evan going all Howard Stern on the podcast last night... It's very entertaining.

I got the impression Trilli and RV didn't leave on a good note. Even if we wanted him, I could see Trilli's pride stepping in.

If I remember correctly, Trilli was fired before RV was hired. However, you probably are correct about Trilli not leaving on a good note since the school fired him while he was visiting a former player who was on his death bed at the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Cooley has had his tongue planted firmly in cheek for some of his recent posts.

Just like KRAM and Lifer occasionally working blue, or Harry and Evan going all Howard Stern on the podcast last night... It's very entertaining.

:thumbsu::goodjob:

If I remember correctly, Trilli was fired before RV was hired. However, you probably are correct about Trilli not leaving on a good note since the school fired him while he was visiting a former player who was on his death bed at the time.

Nope RV was just getting into place. It was obvious Trilli was gone, but RV fired him right after the funeral of one of his players, believe it was the next day. Understood the firing but the timing left a very sour taste for some.

• Downvote 2

Why does everyone want to bring back old coaches... They left, got fired, move on.. THERE ARE (Is that better) better coaches out there... Most of yall dont know about any other great assistants that are available... Guarentee no one knew of Chico, Weaver, Bowen, Wintrich... Everyone was talking about how Deloach should of stayed...please

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Why does everyone want to bring back old coaches... They left, got fired, move on.. Theyre better coaches out there... Most of yall dont know about any other great assistants that are available... Guarentee no one knew of Chico, Weaver, Bowen, Wintrich... Everyone was talking about how Deloach should of stayed...please

"They're" is the contraction of "they" and "are" not "there are", which has no contraction and needs to be written as two words.

Carry on.

• Upvote 3

Nope RV was just getting into place. It was obvious Trilli was gone, but RV fired him right after the funeral of one of his players, believe it was the next day. Understood the firing but the timing left a very sour taste for some.

Trilli was was fired mid-March, 2001: RV was not hired till April 4, 2001 so I don't think he had anything to do with the Trilli situation.

Trilli was technically fired by an interim AD, but in all reality; no place but the old NT would he be allowed to stay as long as he did. I also am getting a little fed up with the poor Trilli thing being fired after the funeral of Marcellus Wright. It was indeed a tragic situation but the saddest part of the saga was that Trilli kicked Wright off the team months prior because of his lack of effort. It was not Trilli's fault because no one knew of his condition but overall it was not NT at its best.

• Upvote 4

Trilli was was fired mid-March, 2001: RV was not hired till April 4, 2001 so I don't think he had anything to do with the Trilli situation.

Trilli was technically fired by an interim AD, but in all reality; no place but the old NT would he be allowed to stay as long as he did. I also am getting a little fed up with the poor Trilli thing being fired after the funeral of Marcellus Wright. It was indeed a tragic situation but the saddest part of the saga was that Trilli kicked Wright off the team months prior because of his lack of effort. It was not Trilli's fault because no one knew of his condition but overall it was not NT at its best.

+1.

Trilli fired (March 12th, 2001). http://www.highbeam....1-42695432.html

Villarreal hired (article dated April 5th, 2001). http://nl.newsbank.c...ackval=GooglePM

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that when Trilli received the call from the school informing him that he was fired that he was in the room with Wright minutes before he died. Now to your point the school didn’t know where Trilli was at the time or what the situation was but they still got bad press over it.

Would you quit letting facts get in the way of anger plz?

• Upvote 1