Who do you see as North Texas' future rival in CUSA?

Harry

I voted LaTech. There seems to be some real disgruntlement between them and us... kind of reminds me of our relationship with SMU. LaTech will have a fit if they loose to a former SBC team, which they openly disdained our former conference. But this is what builds fierce rivalries between teams.. We may not beat them right away in football, but I look forward to blasting them in bball.

• Upvote 2

I voted Tulsa too - their proximity combined with the fact there such a darn good program that recruits the hell out of DFW makes them attractive to me as a Rival. I think you could make valid arguements for most of them though which is a major positive change for us.

Well, in a way I agree with DT90. We don't have to have just one. We could have one in each state. We have some history (fellow MVC members) with Tulsa. We could work up a rivalry with La Tech because they've always sneered at the SunBelt. And Rice just because we owe them a serious butt whipping.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

Best part of all this is that we will have many potential heated rivals in our division and that is why many of us for almost half a century wanted in a league

with more Texas schools and some great non-Texas schools. We now have our cake and ice cream! What a great day this is.

AND................how many conferences do you know that has "3" schools whose primary color is green?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen