MTSU angry at their Prez?

Harry

No. Hopefully it means we go replace TCU in MWC.

That stuff about an inside job sounds like the kind of thing that could happen here too. However I am hopeful that our administrators are keeping clear of the UT (Texas not Tennessee) influence.

Shh.. That's our plan.

Oh wait, never mind, I guess we're heading to the SBC

• Upvote 1

This sounds so North Texas State-ish, it isn't even funny. When we were NTSU, we made decisions like this, or at least made it so abundantly clear that we hated college athletics that nobody should give us the time of day. I have always wondered what it would have looked like in the 70s when we wanted into the SWC, if Hayden Fry would have had administrative support that was very vocal if they could have overcame the SMU-led blackballing. Because in all seriousness, UT and all the big state institutions were in favor of at least considering us for SWC membership. But he never got any help from those people and he finally gave up, which led to the nightmare that we are trying to wake up from still today.

Good luck, MUTS. If any of this is true, and I bet there is some degree of truth to it all, your university's FBS future has been shaken greatly. When the first "culling" of FBS comes around--and it will--the SBCs, MACs, and WACs are going to be gone first. The Alliance schools (CUSA and MWC) will at least have their chance to play at FBS for a longer timeframe. MUTS could (should?) have been in CUSA before La Tech and UTSA. But if there administration has done anything close to what is rumored, you guys wasted a lot of money moving up to FBS back in the day. If I were a MUTS fan, I would hope and pray that UAB gives up FBS football and that you guys could try and move up the food chain then. Because right now, you might as well be NTSU, I mean, umm, MTSU again.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1