OOC Scheduling - Rice's new model

Stix

The beginning of the story focuses on Rice scheduling to play at A&M in 2013, but reading down a few paragraphs:

To the degree that we can we'd like to play a guarantee game that generates considerable revenue for us each year. We would like to play an FCS team at home each year. If we can work out the dates and the arrangements we would like to play Houston every year and then the fourth non-conference game, assuming we're going to have eight conference games, we would like to have a home-and-home. To get there is going to require some real moving around and some real negotiating.

This stood out to me when I heard it on the news last night. Just substitute SMU / TCU for UH, and stop scheduling the "guarantee game" against top 25 schools (or at least, not top 10), and this might be our ideal schedule as well.

Rice to Play Aggies in Football in 2013 in College Station

• Upvote 3

The beginning of the story focuses on Rice scheduling to play at A&M in 2013, but reading down a few paragraphs:

This stood out to me when I heard it on the news last night. Just substitute SMU / TCU for UH, and stop scheduling the "guarantee game" against top 25 schools (or at least, not top 10), and this might be our ideal schedule as well.

Rice to Play Aggies in Football in 2013 in College Station

Sounds like a plan to me, but Rice U has that SWC background and city of Houston. We have a bit more to over-come to get similar schools up to Denton and Apogee Stadium.

What CUSA will do immediately for us once in is give us a great conference home and home with schools that Denton & Denton County Newcomers will have heard about. I'd love to know how many DFW alums La Tech, Tulane, Rice and Tulsa have; also all the other CUSA school in the East division, too.

Wouldn't it be great to see UNT schedule Iowa State, TCU, Baylor and even Iowa of the Big 10 at Apogee Stadium (among others)? . Like sales, you just have to ask them with the worse thing any of the schools like that can tell you is....no.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1