NT Daily Issues Correction

Harry

The North Texas Daily received information Wednesday night from a source saying the UNT Board of Regents had authorized a move from the Sun Belt Conference to Conference USA.

The Board of Regents, in a meeting Wednesday afternoon, only gave President V. Lane Rawlins authority to look at other athletic conferences. The Board of Regents did not approve a conference move.

The Daily strives for accuracy and regrets this error.

North Texas Daily ‏ @ntdaily

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

Correction: #UNT Board of Regents gave Rawlins authority to look at other conferences. http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=66169

Do not fret folks....that's the first formality...it's done! I was told personally by a VERY high placed source and a person who would DEFINITELY KNOW that it's happening...his quote was...and I quote "We won't be in that conference long (SunBelt), we'll be playing Rice, Tulsa, etc. soon".

Good enough for me...this is a formality vote...first step in what should now be a pretty fast developing set of actions...stay tuned...it's all good.

Do not fret folks....that's the first formality...it's done! I was told personally by a VERY high placed source and a person who would DEFINITELY KNOW that it's happening...his quote was...and I quote "We won't be in that conference long (SunBelt), we'll be playing Rice, Tulsa, etc. soon".

Good enough for me...this is a formality vote...first step in what should now be a pretty fast developing set of actions...stay tuned...it's all good.

Kram, if it was a very high place in Denton, you would have had to be on top of one of the TWU dorms. What else were you doing over there besides gathering "conference related intel."? :lol:

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1

Kram, if it was a very high place in Denton, you would have had to be on top of one of the TWU dorms. What else were you doing over there besides gathering "conference related intel."? :lol:

A gentleman never tells! :rolleyes: But, remind me some time when we are in a more private setting...maybe over a beer...to tell you what I used to see when I was doing the skydiving thing on weekends in Missouri and would fly a certain path to the drop zone which took us over some college dorms in that path of the flight! That was some great dorm viewing I can tell you!

:sword: