Mavs/Spurs Free Agents

Wow, San Antonio went from dreaming of Jason Kidd and Jermaine O'Neal to dreaming of Rasho Nesterovic?

The Mavs are now looking at Robert Horry. Horry could help around playoff time, like Walt Williams did last season, except Horry is a better shooter and probably better overall. The other guy the Mavs want is Brad Miller and he would be an outstanding acquisition, but I have a feeling the Spurs may want him worse or else be stuck with all that money and nothing to show for it.

I never would have thought free agency would turn out like this.

One thing about the Lakers: They improved themselves tremendously. With that being said, as much as they improved, don't think of Malone and Payton as the 1996 versions. Payton doesn't defend as well (still a lot better than Fisher), and doesn't shoot the three near as much. Malone hardly ever wanders inside anymore and posts someone up once in a blue moon. They got better, a lot better, but this isn't the dream team some are making it out to be. The chemistry issue will a good storyline all season.

It sucks that the Mavs couldn't get Mourning, and then we lose a shot at P. J. Brown. Olowokandi is not unavailable, and I can't see giving up a Van Exel or Nash for Brad Miller. That guy is a thug, and an all-star in the Eastern Conference. wink.gif I knew it was bad today when Newy said that our best help now would be Elden Campbell. Robert Horry would be good in his role, but he doesn't improve us where we need to be improved. Who knows, maybe LaFrentz will show up this year... blink.gif

As for the Spurs, Kidd or O' Neal would have been amazing. However, Nesterovic will hold up fine in Robinson's spot. After all, they are the defending champs.

I disagree with everyone handing the Lakers the title. They got a little stronger, but in a tough Western conference, it's still up for grabs.