Alliance on UTSA campus evaluating

GreenFlag

I'm a LaTech fan, every since that article came out last night UTSA fans have started bashing LaTech and keep claiming how Tech never had a chance to get an invite. Tech is getting a visit this week and I really do hope both Tech & North Texas can get an invite. Are we certain that FIU will get an invite? Maybe UTSA is the "alternative" to FIU (big market, crappy athletics)

I'm a LaTech fan, every since that article came out last night UTSA fans have started bashing LaTech and keep claiming how Tech never had a chance to get an invite. Tech is getting a visit this week and I really do hope both Tech & North Texas can get an invite. Are we certain that FIU will get an invite? Maybe UTSA is the "alternative" to FIU (big market, crappy athletics)

FIU and/or FAU will come to the alliance for the sheer fact that they are in a recruiting hotbed and it is in a desirable market.

Could it be that UNT and FIU are already in? Its the rest of us cheer-leading for an invite to the MWC/C-USA. So you say we have crappy athletics well maybe and then again maybe not. Its all about the MARKET! Case and point UNT big market, FIU big market, UTSA big market and Loser Tech WHAT MARKET! Have fun in the Belt.

Could it be that UNT and FIU are already in? Its the rest of us cheer-leading for an invite to the MWC/C-USA. So you say we have crappy athletics well maybe and then again maybe not. Its all about the MARKET! Case and point UNT big market, FIU big market, UTSA big market and Loser Tech WHAT MARKET! Have fun in the Belt.

what school are you?

"With the help of our comrads over at bobcatreport.com, late this evening, IRS has confirmed that a SPECIAL University of Texas System Board of Regents meeting has been called and set for Thursday, April 12th of next week.

I don't like t.u.'s record as of late when it comes to Board of Regents meetings.

• Upvote 2

Please take the LA Tech/UTSA grudge elsewhere. This is GoMeanGreen.com

Best of luck to UTSA and LA Tech. Quite honestly, I would rather have LA-Laffayette come with us than either UTSA or LA Tech.

ULL isn't getting any looks, but I'm excited if we could end up in the same conference as North Texas (as long as it's not Sun Belt)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously...

Some people aren't hearing whisperings of UNT moving, because they either aren't listening or aren't listening to the right people.

Perhaps they aren't evaluating us, because we are already in...

Perhaps someone in the know can PM me with their inside information, and put my mind to rest.

• Upvote 1

And Runner comes on and provides Exhibit A as to why nobody wants them in a merger. This is a FCS school with no athletic success to speak of, terrible facilities and a commuter enrollment that exceeds what we were perceived to be years ago bad mouthing La. Tech who has much more history and success.

Now, I am no La Tech fan based upon their comments about the Sun Belt from their administrators and most of their fans, but at least they have earned the right to be an FBS team. UTSA hasn't unless you count beating Bacone State and handing out tickets to any and all that want them.

• Upvote 5

And Runner comes on and provides Exhibit A as to why nobody wants them in a merger. This is a FCS school with no athletic success to speak of, terrible facilities and a commuter enrollment that exceeds what we were perceived to be years ago bad mouthing La. Tech who has much more history and success.

Now, I am no La Tech fan based upon their comments about the Sun Belt from their administrators and most of their fans, but at least they have earned the right to be an FBS team. UTSA hasn't unless you count beating Bacone State and handing out tickets to any and all that want them.

I agree. UTSA has zero room to be bad mouthing others. Even programs like LA Tech. But, if they really feel the need to, go do it on the WAC board.

Furthermore, I have yet to see any news confirming C-USA or MWC officials visited Texas State. I've only heard about the UNLV prez being on their campus. If they were getting a real visit, I'd think a few more people would have been with him. My point is he could have been there for any number of reasons. I guess Texas State doesn't want to appear to be on the outside looking in.

• Upvote 1

I agree. UTSA has zero room to be bad mouthing others. Even programs like LA Tech. But, if they really feel the need to, go do it on the WAC board.

Furthermore, I have yet to see any news confirming C-USA or MWC officials visited Texas State. I've only heard about the UNLV prez being on their campus. If they were getting a real visit, I'd think a few more people would have been with him. My point is he could have been there for any number of reasons. I guess Texas State doesn't want to appear to be on the outside looking in.

I don't think Texas St will get in but they are just exploring the options for down the road. I've had no problem with UTSA fans until they started last night bashing Tech screaming they were better choice because of their "potential" & attendance. UTSA doesn't have their own stadium and the basically have to give away tickets to get people to show up

Edited by techdawg88
  • Upvote 1

I don't think Texas St will get in but they are just exploring the options for down the road. I've had no problem with UTSA fans until they started last night bashing Tech screaming they were better choice because of their "potential" & attendance. UTSA doesn't have their own stadium and the basically have to give away tickets to get people to show up

Most UTSA fans are ok. There are a few very annoying fans. Rowdy Runner is the first and worst of the bunch. Don't put much stock into his comments. He thinks UTSA is the next Alabama.

• Upvote 1

Think what you may about TXST but we are quickly rising as a program. We may not have the Wins to show it just yet. But our Fanbase is growing rapidly and our fans are loyal. It's not the same program of ten or twenty years ago. TXST has created an identity/ brand that is going to fit in well at the FBS level. Francione knows how how to build a program and I think his team will surprise everyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes, he was but it's Southwest Texas. Southwestern is at Georgetown (and an original member of the Southwest Conference. Franchione lives in the Hill Country so he's basically back home.

Yes, and Southwestern is the oldest university in Texas. It dates back to 1840 and was chartered by the Republic of Texas.

• Upvote 1