Alliance on UTSA campus evaluating

GreenFlag

I find this visit to UTSA very intriguing in light of the CUSA commish' already having been quoted saying that UTSA needs to mature for a few years to be considered, but this is today's NCAA when things are kinda' topsy-turvy and what is said one day has a 180 degree the next. Another reason some of us have said hold off on all the celebrating until we have an "in writing" reason to celebrate for our own school.

Yet like North Texas (in the Metroplex) the Alliance would probably be more interested in San Antonio first (UTSA 2'nd). Who knows, UTSA powers that be may have told Allliance officials how they could deliver the Alamo Bowl game to the Alliance if part of it. I mean aren't many schools vying for Alliance membership pulling out all the stops with some things factual about what they could bring and some things not so factual?

I know... "if if's and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas" but if North Texas would have built our stadium 25 or so years ago when it should have we wouldn't be piddling around with all this crap now and with schools that haven't even played one down as an FBS school. I suppose just another long, tedious step in our 100 year plan while UTSA does it in 1 year perhaps?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

UPDATE) 9:00pm

"With the help of our comrads over at bobcatreport.com, late this evening, IRS has confirmed that a SPECIAL University of Texas System Board of Regents meeting has been called and set for Thursday, April 12th of next week.

As of right now, there appear to be two possible options on the table. This could be an announcement for UTEP who has been rumored to possibly be jumping to the MWC and could clear the way for UTSA to be added and replace The Miners in C-USA.

Or, UTSA could very well be receiving an outright bid to one of the two conferences. Specifics of the meeting are not being discussed, but it is to occur the day after MWC/C-USA officials finish their visit of Louisiana Tech, next Wednesday.

UTSA Athletic Director Lynn Hickey was reached for comment also late this evening, but chose to give none and stated it would be inappropriate to comment on the matter at this time."

Any word on our situation? I'll be really mad if these guys get in and we don't. Is our board meeting next week too?:growl:

Edited by Side Show Joe

"With the help of our comrads over at bobcatreport.com, late this evening, IRS has confirmed that a SPECIAL University of Texas System Board of Regents meeting has been called and set for Thursday, April 12th of next week.

As of right now, there appear to be two possible options on the table. This could be an announcement for UTEP who has been rumored to possibly be jumping to the MWC and could clear the way for UTSA to be added and replace The Miners in C-USA."

Given this information, is it possible there's a third option on the table - consideration of a bid to join the Sun Belt?

Yeah, I have a very uneasy feeling about this news. I could see the Alliance taking both UNT and UTSA in order to capture the Dallas, Houston and San Antonio markets but if it happens that UTSA is chosen in lieu of UNT, I think North Texas would be all but finished in the state of Texas as far as perception goes. IMHO

I would hope that this involves the UTEP move to the MWC.

I don't even want to know what would happend to this board if UTSA were to get an invite.

I fully understand if people here at NT want to keep their cards close to their chest, but COME THE F*** ON!!!! Have these officials been to NT on an offical Merger/Alliance visit?! Is there one in the works?! We're not even hearing whispers of things happening for NT while places like UTSA have confirmed reports of visits. GRRRRRRRRRR

• Upvote 1

I think ya'll are jumping to a lot of conclusions.

Seriously...

Some people aren't hearing whisperings of UNT moving, because they either aren't listening or aren't listening to the right people.

Perhaps they aren't evaluating us, because we are already in...

• Upvote 1