Bobby Petrino Lied About Motorcycle Crash

rcade

Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino has been put on leave after lying about his recent motorcycle crash. Petrino covered up the fact he was riding with Jessica Dorrell, a 25-year-old female staffer, at the time of the accident. He now admits an "inappropriate relationship" with Dorrell, who he promoted March 28:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2012/apr/06/petrino-leave-admits-crash-lie-20120406/?sports

Petrino is a piece of crap, he lied while at Louisville, then lied while leaving the Atlanta Falcons, and now he is got banging a subordinate. I hope he plays up the neck injury for sometime because his wife just might strangle him this time.

If he survives this episode it will be an embarassment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rumor I heard is they will fire him and hire Gus Malzahn. Hope not for ASU and The Belt.

If they hire Gus Malzahn to replace Petrino -- Wow. Malzahn will have come full circle if he becomes HC of the Razorbacks.

I just remember the stressful relationship between him and Houston Nutt at the end of the 2006 season resulting Malzahn's departure to Tulsa in January of 2007 which lead to two big time recruits leaving the program. There were some hurt feelings among some of the Hog faithful but I think they eventually got what they wanted when Nutt left for Ole Miss later in 2007.

That's the funny thing about the bigger programs - the alumni push out successful coaches if the team stumbles for a season. Many times, they get stuck with someone who is no better, and potentially worse.

I kind of chuckle at these articles talking about the possibility of Petrino "rebuilding his credibility." Like, when did he ever have any?

To me, his 13 game run in Atlanta proved he couldn't deal with other grown men. He's a bully and a liar. He could snow college administrators and kids; pro players, coaches, and management - different story.

(Here's the part where we cross our fingers and hope our coaches don't have ex-volleyball players as mistresses that they are setting up with cherry jobs in the athletic department.)

She was engaged to the swimming coach for goodness sakes...the guy should have resigned! It's arrogance for him to even think he could keep his job.

I think he knows his chances are slim. Its really a sad deal. It was interesting to see what some thought was a slight change in his character when Garrett Uekman died late last year, but then this. I don't think Long will keep him, but I could be wrong.

her fiance.... hope he mans up and breaks off that engagement.

Looks that way:

She is engaged to marry Josh Morgan, who is the director of operations for the UA swimming and diving team, according to a website that said it was created by the couple.

On Thursday evening, the website - morgan-dorrell.ourwedding.com - was no longer operable and shows a message: “this site does not contain any usable pages.”

• Upvote 1

Living in the area and working in sports radio, i can tell u this is a massive blunder on his part. This will more then likely cost him his job.

I'm over at the east end of the Ozarks, but that's not the sense I get at all. Everything I've heard says there's no way he loses his job over this.

Everything I've heard could be wrong, though. The Hogs have every right to fire him.

• Upvote 2

Here's a reason on why Petrino should be fired that I hadn't thought of: he hired his mistress to a paid position, paid for by the University of Arkansas A.D.

True, but she had been working for the Foundation before this new job which started on March 28. I thought this morning he would be fired, but the longer it goes the more I think they won't.

• Upvote 1

I'm over at the east end of the Ozarks, but that's not the sense I get at all. Everything I've heard says there's no way he loses his job over this.

Everything I've heard could be wrong, though. The Hogs have every right to fire him.

I am hearing the same thing in Central Arkansas, sounds like major donors will be influencing whether he stays or not, personally he should be fired for the hiring of his gal toy and then lying to his boss.