The Biggest Loser on NBC

I don't know if any of you watch the show but I realized tonight one of the remaining contestants is a UNT alumnus. His name is Mark and he wore his class ring to the White House to meet the fisrt lady on tonight;s show. He also wore a UNT basketball shirt in his audition video. I think it is awesome to have a fellow alumni doing so well!

Mark

• Upvote 1

I think it's great that he is doing so well AND that he seems to take pride in being a UNT alum. That's a win-win in my book. Don't watch the show, but might now knowing "Mark" is a a UNT alum.

• Upvote 1

If you met me you'd think that I was a really nice guy. Because I am a nice guy. Yep.

OK, I can buy that staement...SO...why don't you sign up to play in this year's GMG.COM Flag Football game, come out to the game, have a great time and show a bunch of us that you are, indeed, that nice guy you say you are?

This is really the reason I got involved in helping to stage both the GMG.Com Flag Football game (our 9th year) and the GMG.Com Basketball games (just completed our 2nd year). I wanted GMG.Com folks to actually get to know some of the folks they "pick on" while hiding behind their avatars here on GMG.Com. When they do, all the "fussin"' seems to take on a whole different tone and people get to realize that everyone is just a "regular" person with their own opinions and who support the Mean Green. Yes, I realize some will continue to be "cranky" and carry grudges, and even act very childish and actually confront people in public, etc., but most "man up" and realize that it's all opinions at the end of the day and opinions are just what they are...no big deal.

So......if you think you can handle the "unmasking", we'd welcome your participation in this year's 9th Annual GMG.Com Flag Football game....April 21st at Apogee. What say you? Up for it?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

OK, I can buy that staement...SO...why don't you sign up to play in this year's GMG.COM Flag Football game, come out to the game, have a great time and show a bunch of us that you are, indeed, that nice guy you say you are?

This is really the reason I got involved in helping to stage both the GMG.Com Flag Football game (our 9th year) and the GMG.Com Basketball games (just completed our 2nd year). I wanted GMG.Com folks to actually get to know some of the folks they "pick on" while hiding behind their avatars here on GMG.Com. When they do, all the "fussin"' seems to take on a whole different tone and people get to realize that everyone is just a "regular" person with their own opinions and who support the Mean Green. Yes, I realize some will continue to be "cranky" and carry grudges, and even act very childish and actually confront people in public, etc., but most "man up" and realize that it's all opinions at the end of the day and opinions are just what they are...no big deal.

So......if you think you can handle the "unmasking", we'd welcome your participation in this year's 9th Annual GMG.Com Flag Football game....April 21st at Apogee. What say you? Up for it?

Wat

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wat

Wat...wat?

Wat's to understand? Ha! I just invited you to come out to play in the GMG.Com Flag Football game....to let folks get to know the "nice guy" that you really are out from behind the avatar. Is that hard to understand? I doubt it.

What do you say? want to "unmask" and come out to play flag football with a bunch of GMG.Com'ers and ex-UNT players?

Every one is welcome and it's great fun. I see from the reaction to my first post that it must have hit pretty close to home for some folks...sort of a "if the shoe fits" thing I guess.....but, the invite to you is real and sincere.....will we have the pleasure of your company on the playing field at Apogee on the 21st?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Wat...wat?

Wat's to understand? Ha! I just invited you to come out to play in the GMG.Com Flag Football game....to let folks get to know the "nice guy" that you really are out from behind the avatar. Is that hard to understand? I doubt it.

No thanks.

What do you say? want to "unmask" and come out to play flag football with a bunch of GMG.Com'ers and ex-UNT players?

How exactly am I 'masked' as you say, just because we've never met personally? I've met people on this board before, and I did an internship with one of the people on my friend's list. I'm not hiding. You can find me at tailgates & football and basketball games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No thanks.

How exactly am I 'masked' as you say, just because we've never met personally? I've met people on this board before, and I did an internship with one of the people on my friend's list. I'm not hiding. You can find me at tailgates & football and basketball games.

OK, so you say. Didn't think you'd join, but wanted to extend the invitation. It's an open one, so anytime you want to "come out and play" and not just on some media site, we'll be happy to have you. And, your "friends" list might even grow...who knows...seems worth the chance to me. Each game we seem to have some new players who "come out" and join the fun. Just hoping you might take that chance and be "that guy" this time around.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3