Another DFW job open

NT03

I wonder if he wasn't encouraged to leave. TCU may want to make a splash with a name hire going into the Big 12.

Although TCU was better last year, it's not like they were setting the world on fire in the MWC, far easier competition than the Big 12.

And no, JJ won't get a serious look for either of these jobs. Both will want a name hire going into much more high profile conferences.

After thinking a little more on this, I don't think he was necessarily encouraged to leave, but he may have been under extra pressure in the coming season or 2 considering how long he had been at tcu. Couple the tougher conference, with losing a couple components to this years' team and he may have felt that he had to make the first move with an opportunity to take over a program like Ohio and his wife being from there. It makes sense to me now.

• Upvote 1

That will hurt to lose JJ. I'd guess we would lose Tony unless we got a big name to replace..

To be perfectly honest, I get the feeling that if Tony stays, it will be because of his teammates, not his coach. With everyone back, this team should do big things, regardless of who the coach is. That said, I hope Johnny stays.

• Upvote 1