Disinterest in this finals matchup

SHOSS

First I'll start off by admitting that outside of UNT college hoops, I'm not much of a fan. In fact, outside of the mavs and UNT hoops, I really don't care for the sport in general compared to hockey, and of course football and baseball. It is a good workout to play a little round ball, but spectating.... meh.

So some on here were griping about not having good enough laundry represented. Now, we've got the 2 winning-est programs in college hoops history going at it, and I could not possibly be more disinterested. To me, there is no intrigue at all. Ho hum, Kansas might rack up another championship...or ditto for Kentucky. Meh.

Granted, they earned their spots by fighting through a the big tournament. No gripes there(it still baffles me people were griping about the finalists last year on this board). But, I have no connections to either university...and since they've won so much it is just a resounding meh every time I see this being hyped up on espn and whatever other tv/radio station is speculating about it.

Anyways, had a great time Saturday in the basketball game. Nice exercise, and as far as I could tell, nobody got hurt.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think it's a pretty awesome matchup actually. The teams strenghts and weaknesses fit in an interesting way....should be a great game.

****For as many games as Kansas has won, and all the fantastic teams they've had, remarkably they've only won 3 titles in 75 years (which is fewer than UCLA, Duke, UNC, & Indiana). So it's not like they win very often.

(Kentucky has seven, behind only UCLA's 11)

• Upvote 1

I guess it depends on what you enjoy:

Are you a couch coach, who likes to see the xs and os?

Are you a fan of history, who enjoys the tradition of the basketball powers (this is probably your final)

Do you like storylines, like players facing adversity or the Cinderella runs (like Butler last two years)

I guess it depends on what you enjoy:

Are you a couch coach, who likes to see the xs and os?

Are you a fan of history, who enjoys the tradition of the basketball powers (this is probably your final)

Do you like storylines, like players facing adversity or the Cinderella runs (like Butler last two years)

Or do you jou just like college basketball and would find something to enjoy about any final, even if you disliked both teams?

Or do you jou just like college basketball and would find something to enjoy about any final, even if you disliked both teams?

i do dislike both. when we beat mee-shee-gan and the fab 2 back in 95 we played kansas in the second round and their fans arrogance is unrivalled. they act like they invented the game.

fortunately i don't live in kansas.

i do live in ky and the cat fans arrogance reeks as well.

my appetite for schaudenfraude is enormous. if they jayhawks can rock chalk the cats i will be very pleased.

i don't think they can. this uk team at times has reminded me of early 90's unlv with their ability to completely disrupt passing lanes and they are tremendous finishers off they break.

i will watch it even with my complete dislike of uk.

• Upvote 1

back in 95 we played kansas in the second round and their fans arrogance is unrivalled. they act like they invented the game.

James Naismith did coach there! Phog Allen did mentor both Rupp and Dean Smith. It's very arguable that two of the most important coaching trees date back to Kansas.

• Upvote 1

First I'll start off by admitting that outside of UNT college hoops, I'm not much of a fan. In fact, outside of the mavs and UNT hoops, I really don't care for the sport in general compared to hockey, and of course football and baseball. It is a good workout to play a little round ball, but spectating.... meh.

So some on here were griping about not having good enough laundry represented. Now, we've got the 2 winning-est programs in college hoops history going at it, and I could not possibly be more disinterested. To me, there is no intrigue at all. Ho hum, Kansas might rack up another championship...or ditto for Kentucky. Meh.

Granted, they earned their spots by fighting through a the big tournament. No gripes there(it still baffles me people were griping about the finalists last year on this board). But, I have no connections to either university...and since they've won so much it is just a resounding meh every time I see this being hyped up on espn and whatever other tv/radio station is speculating about it.

Anyways, had a great time Saturday in the basketball game. Nice exercise, and as far as I could tell, nobody got hurt.

Go Mean Green!

Great matchup! Best team vs best coach. Can hardly wait.

• Upvote 1

James Naismith did coach there! Phog Allen did mentor both Rupp and Dean Smith. It's very arguable that two of the most important coaching trees date back to Kansas.

i actually threw that out there like a hanging curve on purpose to see if anyone would call it.

you can belee me or not.

p.s. most folks wouldn't catch that little nugget...you're obviously not 'most folks'

• Upvote 1

i actually threw that out there like a hanging curve on purpose to see if anyone would call it.

you can belee me or not.

p.s. most folks wouldn't catch that little nugget...you're obviously not 'most folks'

"I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented." Hoosiers

Only I'm not a drunk like Shooter. :lol:

• Upvote 2

"I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented." Hoosiers

Only I'm not a drunk like Shooter. :lol:

classic movie. prolly my favorite job by dennis hopper next to his role of frank booth. he was frighteningly believable as frank.

on a side note...when i was helping txtop with his coach pitch baseball team my nickname was 'shooter'

p.s. can you imagine if the role of shooter had some frank booth in him? can you imagine shooter's dialogue in the huddle describing the picket fence as frank? what's sad is i can picture that.

• Upvote 1

Kentucky's first half just gave Kansas too little room for error. They were flat out awesome. The Jayhawks were gritty as hell in the 2nd, and had a few bounces gone their way really could have made it interesting (hell, they got it down to 5 as it was).

Oh well, guess it's time to put up the hoops and sneakers till middle of October.