Your Promo Ideas To Fill Wing Section Every Game?

The Apogee "experience" will grow on many new faces as they come to our games. These new fans cannot leave without being impressed with a Mean Green Game Day.

If the Wing end zone section is promoted to the hilt with families, kids, etc, it would be a boon to our per game attendance. Anyone know how many total seats are in the Wing Section?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j98uEfInqRg

I've referenced this before and I think it's a great idea. At KState they have a Loyalty Season ticket program. If you go to at least 5 of 6 home games your season ticket price is $99 from year to year. In our case something like $50-$75 seems like a fair price. I've been told that might be cheaping down the stadium and the program. My thoughts these coaches and these players don't give a dam how much you paid to get in the stadium they just want you there cheering for the team. Now addressing getting these students to come to a game for free, I give up on how to fix that problem because that blows my mind.

• Upvote 1

Give every kid that catches a Mean Green extra point receives a "North Texas Extra Point" mini-ball, that they can get autograghed by players. It wouldn't require more then 5 or 6 a game.

Edited by Side Show Joe

Just kidding...

I would maybe reach out to Iowa and Iowa St. alumni.... they are a long way from home and not all many of them can attend home games. Offer discounted Wing Zone tickets to them and just ask that they maybe wear at least some green. If we can tap into them and get their alumn to choose us as their local favorite then we have met success. Most of us know persons who attended other, larger universities who have adopted UNT for one reason or another.

Iowa St. claims over 2k in the area with over 500 persons listed as Association Members. Iowa St. DFW

Iowa has events with hundreds of attendees showing up for DFW picnics and what not.... I am sure that a certain someone on this board could be of strong persuasive value in convincing Iowa fans to have a second and more local favorite football program.

SKIPPING RIGHT TO THE NEXT ONE I STRONGLY recommend that North Texas offer discounted tickets and even giveaways to City of Denton employees. Sure we are held back by TWU from attempting to brand ourselves publicly as Denton's team HOWEVER there is no reason not to get the city employees in our good favor. Half price tickets for next season with proof of Denton City Employee ID and a green shirt. Offer good at door or in advance with stipulation of first come first serve (incentive to order ahead).

I CANNOT THINK of one reason why North Texas Faculty does not have some type of free admission every game. You don't have to give them an Alumni side seat for free but WHY NOT THE WINGZONE? Again...same situation as the one above with first come first serve and no season ticket option (for free). Departments should have sign up sheets before every game and of course they can show up at the window and get 4 on the spot in the wingzone for them and their family with a Faculty ID. I seriously doubt that the Faculty would hawk these tickets off or that their would be very many people looking for hawked WingZone tickets. I get that you want everyone to pay but guess what?? IT IS A WIN-WIN SITUATION to get the professors into the stadium. When they hit the classroom on Monday they can talk about the game and sway those dirty hippies to fall in love with football... you HAVE to focus on getting them in there in as high of numbers as possible. Forcing the faculty to pay when there are so many open seats is just plain stupid and can be adjusted on a year to year basis. Reevaluation of this program can exist year to year but you need to commit to it for roughly 4-5 years.

Just my .02

Shouldn't Wing Zone sponsor the "wing" zone?

Yes, but someone needs to franchise one in Denton first. The closest one is in Bossier City. http://www.wingzone.com/findlocation.html

Actually, I thought Pizza Hut owned the name Wing Zone - apparently not...

• Upvote 1

growing up in Ft. Worth [granted,mid 50's to early 60's] T.C.U. had 50 cent endzone tickets for kids and their parents.[there was no minimum wage,movies were a dime, and gasoline 16 to 18 cents per gallon]. it was quite a successful promotion,at least to a 11 year old boy. point is that its expensive for the average working stiff to take mama and the kids to a sporting event anywhere in DFW.i don't see the harm in trying a simular promotionfor a year to see if it works out. if not, we can always bus in bands from the surrounding communities.

If someone suggests a Band Day I'm going to kick my neighbor's dog. <_<

if not, we can always bus in bands from the surrounding communities.

:growl:

Band Day is a gimmick that is more of a feel good thing to attempt than it will bring in more revenue that comes with getting more people through the turnstiles.

If you were to do this completely on the cheap, you might keep costs to under $10,000 for 1000 band students but I can see you easily spending more than that. Under the most optimistic circumstances, you might get 10% of those that attended to return.

Edited by UNTFan23

:growl:

Band Day is a gimmick that is more of a feel good thing to attempt than it will bring in more revenue that comes with getting more people through the turnstiles.

If you were to do this completely on the cheap, you might keep costs to under $10,000 for 1000 band students but I can see you easily spending more than that. Under the most optimistic circumstances, you might get 10% of those that attended to return.

tongue in cheek as regards the band. however discounted seats for families in Wing Zone would work.

Give a post game concert. Invite local bands (rock, pop, country) to play. Upstart bands playing local clubs would jump at the chance. They might do it for just the publicity and the chance to play a stadium. A lot of students would show up just for the concert. They might get into football if they see a good game. Call it the show after the show. Do it every game if it works.

• Upvote 2

Every fan that buys a seat in the "wing zone" gets a chance to "catch" a autographed jersey from Mean Joe Greene. Now, it's not really a catch but a drawing held each home game after the 3rd quarter. The jumbo tron would show Mean Joe "throwing" a jersey toward the fans (toward the camera) and the lucky winner would be announced over the PA system.

"Hey Mean Green fans...Catch." And then the winner's name would be called.

• Upvote 5

Every fan that buys a seat in the "wing zone" gets a chance to "catch" a autographed jersey from Mean Joe Greene. Now, it's not really a catch but a drawing held each home game after the 3rd quarter. The jumbo tron would show Mean Joe "throwing" a jersey toward the fans (toward the camera) and the lucky winner would be announced over the PA system.

"Hey Mean Green fans...Catch." And then the winner's name would be called.

You have to give Joe your Souvenier-cup-size coke first before you actually get the jersey, so that's an extra $6 in the coffers each week!

Hello Baseball Stadium!

• Upvote 6